Pale liquid extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvotava91

Reaction score
I'm trying to get ingredients together for an IPA and the recipe calls for pale liquid extract 8.0srm I'm not sure what that means. Can someone lead me in the right direction on what extract I should use?

Pale liquid extract, is very commonly referred to as "Light LME", or even "Extra Light LME". An alternative to the liquid form, would be "Light DME" or "Extra Light DME", which is a dry powdered form, of the liquid extract. Both are sold at any homebrew shop.

Okay so like on midwestsupplies.com what extract would you recommend

Okay so like on midwestsupplies.com what extract would you recommend

Briess golden light

The problem with some of the big name HBS is the mixed extracts. They may not offer a strait up light or ultra light . One inherent problem I've run into in the past with these "custom" mixes is fermentability .

You can get strait up pale LME from Morebeer

The pale LME MoreBeer sells is Briess golden light. The ultralight LME MoreBeer sells is from a company in CA that does not use carapils and I think they said it was 6-8 SRM depending on the season.

Back