• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Pair of Brewer's Hardware 15g Jacketed Conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcinco

Reaction score
Selling my Brewer's Hardware 15g Jacketed conicals. I've owned/seen basically all of the other options on the market and these are head and shoulders above the rest IMO. Pro quality. Insulated, no neoprene to deal with etc.

**Sold88 Located in San Diego, could possibly meet up within a reasonable distance. Stands not included.

IMG_1498.JPG

Last edited:
I’m salivating.....

Keep those 6 taps flowing! Easy peazy with no lifting, no ferm chamber, etc. They slice, they dice...

They look nice. How many psi can they hold?

Brewer's Hardware quotes 15psi conservatively. Honestly, if others quote 15psi, these are way more bomb proof than anything else I've seen IMO.

Also, I forgot to mention: lots of extras included, including pressure relief/vacuum breakers, tri-clamp fittings and a custom CIP system with bonus corny keg cleaning manifold*

*for whoever buys the first one or the pair...

I've come to the conclusion that if I go with conicals, these would be the ones I'd get. Seems to be a very fair price, especially for the pair. Too bad I'm in MN, shipping would kill the deal.

Man those are sweet... wish I was closer you’d have my money right now

Do you have pictures of the all the extras you would include? Also any chance you would sell/include the stands I may be willing to pay a little extra for them?

Also somewhat hard to tell from the photos but do these both have the sampling port and valve on the side of the conical? And any pics of the lid would be helpful. Thanks.

You could attach a sample valve to the racking port if you wanted. I've done it on my spike the last few times as I've been experimenting with putting the carb stone were the sample port normally goes. Cheers

These are a great deal especially when you consider the extras included! They are very well built and heavy, I have the 8Gal jacketed version and it is one of the best investments I've made for my brewing hobby. Best of luck with the sale!!

These are a great deal especially when you consider the extras included! They are very well built and heavy, I have the 8Gal jacketed version and it is one of the best investments I've made for my brewing hobby. Best of luck with the sale!!

No doubt. List limited due to pick up.

You could attach a sample valve to the racking port if you wanted. I've done it on my spike the last few times as I've been experimenting with putting the carb stone were the sample port normally goes. Cheers

Don't mean to hijack this thread but have you had any difference with that? I use the 1.5" butterfly port for my cf5 spike. It seems to work fine for me. Thanks.

Really more interested in the port than the valve itself. Based on the pic it looks like the left doesn't have one (hard to tell from the right one). Brewers Hardware currently has it on these fermenters so just wanted to confirm.

Really more interested in the port than the valve itself. Based on the pic it looks like the left doesn't have one (hard to tell from the right one). Brewers Hardware currently has it on these fermenters so just wanted to confirm.

Wow, quite an overnight flurry! Will post pics when I can but these have the ports shown all down the front. I just didn’t have the sample valve installed as it’s a bit obtrusive in storage. You can either install the sample valve in the front port (which is otherwise superfluous), or in my preferred position as @Blazinlow86 stated on the racking port. Also, an added butterfly valve on the top port goes a long way in being able to change out accessories mid-fermentation.

If buyer paid shipping, even if it was expensive, would you ship?

Bump

If buyer paid shipping, even if it was expensive, would you ship?

Not looking to ship, have had lots of offers. Wouldn't expect PayPal f/f on such a high $$ item and would not want to be subject to a chargeback for shipping damage (or anything else) on my end. Brewers hardware has been on backorder forever...

Bump.

Where did you find those stands? Did you fabricate them? I need to know!

Wish I was in CA, hope you sell them.

Thanks for the thoughts. No sweat if not sold, can use for aging and more lagers. Regarding the stands, they're custom fabricated stainless with triclamp ferrules welded on. If you want more details/measurements happy to provide just DM me. FWIW, I think using the ends of sight glasses bolted to a moving dolly or some such is a great solution at a fraction of the cost of my stands. Here are site glasses for ~$21 apiece: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-38-Flo...691650?hash=item5b5d8f3a82:g:Ht4AAOSwoHhdeeJh.

Hope everyone looking to go new got their BH conicals before their price/tariff increase. They're $1650 now (still a great value IMO buy once/cry once).
https://www.brewershardware.com/15-...Jacketed-Conical-Fermentor-CONICAL15G-FJ.html

Bump, will include this no/lo-do dry-hop doser with purchase. One conical left for sale. $1100. Price is firm but tons of options included.

That's one sweet setup you have for offer, really like the dry hop doser, ingenious. Been following this for a while now, can't believe it's still available. Best of luck with the sale!!!

That's one sweet setup you have for offer, really like the dry hop doser, ingenious. Been following this for a while now, can't believe it's still available. Best of luck with the sale!!!

Thanks. I can't take credit. I have to thank @K_tile for the concept. Pretty much a home-brew scale version of this: https://marksdmw.com/products/mini-dry-hop-cannon, which I had seen on the madfermentationalist.

What’s is batch size range for these fermenters?

On the coil jacketed version (pictured above), the thermowell drops down below the racking arm, so can accommodate very small batches. For the newer, current model, the thermowell is at the same level as the sampling port, so bone stock they don’t accommodate super small batches. But one could add a long tc thermowell to drop down to whatever level.

At the top end, they accommodate up to 13 gallon batches. Maybe you could press it a bit more by pressure fermenting but definitely not half-barrel if that’s what you’re after. Hope that helps.

Yes I’m more interested in how small they can go and still cover the thermowell and sampling ports of this specific unit. I’m in SoCal. Im probably better off looking for smaller unit. I’m more in 5 gallon range, I’d even like to go a little small for test batches.

Yes I’m more interested in how small they can go and still cover the thermowell and sampling ports of this specific unit. I’m in SoCal. Im probably better off looking for smaller unit. I’m more in 5 gallon range, I’d even like to go a little small for test batches.

I hear you. These are nice because of the scalability but there are some good options in the 5g range that are a lot less expensive. These are more buy once, cry once but only if 10g batches are a good possibility in your future.

Dam that’s a beautiful dry hopper, what a system. I’m in San Diego and interested, I’m on a fermentation fridge and corney kegs for pressure fermentations now. How does one use this glycol jacketed feature to temp control and cold crash? Does this require an glycol pump thing, another thousand dollar machine? Forgive my ignorance.

Dam that’s a beautiful dry hopper, what a system. I’m in San Diego and interested, I’m on a fermentation fridge and corney kegs for pressure fermentations now. How does one use this glycol jacketed feature to temp control and cold crash? Does this require an glycol pump thing, another thousand dollar machine? Forgive my ignorance.

If you look on cl here in SD area, they are sometimes pretty cheap but you have to jump on them. I saw one last week for $250. I sold one for $450 about a year ago fwiw so that seems to be the market price. Or you could build a unit fairly easily with a window air conditioner (what I have now). I've seen people use chest freezers to chill a glycol reservoir but I can't comment on their efficiency although obviously they'd take up more room.

The main advantage of the conical is fewer and easier transfers and trub/yeast handling, one fermenting vessel form factor and also much greater responsiveness with the huge glycol contact area. I have my glycol chiller on a stand that straddles a conical so the footprint of a the conical and chiller is really small compared to a refrigerator.

It's also much easier to move around if you build a stand out of a moving dolly and the bolt the ends of a triclamp sight glass to it. Voilà! As I get older (been brewing off/on for 25yrs), I want as little to do with lifting home-brew stuff as possible. YMMV.

Hi smcinco,
I'm in the market for a conical, and have been looking hard at the Spike CF10, but your post here intrigues me (I am up in Laguna, so an easy drive). Are you able to show a pic of the back side? I'm interested in seeing the glycol in/out ports. And I'm wondering if there is a thermowell in the back, or are you using a long thermowell from the top? It sounds like you are using the top port shown in the pics above for the sample port/valve? Or am I misunderstanding?

Back