Oxygen- in-line vs submersion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittygouv30

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been hashed many times before. I did a decent search and a good bit of reading and I'm still left deciding which way I want to go.

So... should I just get the submersible stone and drop the oxygen stone in the already chilled wort or go more elegant and set-up and inline oxygenation system to inject as the wort comes out of my plate chiller?

Has anyone set-up an inline oxygenation system and regretted it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Corey

The problem I see with venturi systems (or any O2 system) is the pain of sanitizing them.

I went with the metal rod and the steel airstone because of how easy it is to sanitize it. You can just soak it in sanitizer or if it gets clogged, you can boil it for a few minutes in hot water. That, plus it's really efficient to hook up to the little O2 tanks from the hardware store.

I have been thinking about the oxygen aeration system from Williams. http://www.williamsbrewing.com/WILLIAMS-OXYGEN-AERATION-SYSTEM-P699.aspx
Like you recommend it has a stainless stone and stainless rod to make sanitizing less of a hassle. I think it may make reproducibility easier just submerging and turning on the oxygen for 30 seconds versus the inline. Maybe I'm wrong I'm not sure. Part of me thinks that the inline is a lot cooler haha.

Back