Operation: Find the Shittiest Deal on MyBeerCellar.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes yes we all know that JCN would be stupidly easy to fake.
Not like anyone would... I'm working on a Soleil de Minuit clone! One scoop of this into a classic gueuze and put it into a french press. Let it infuse, then drink up! But this is COMPLETELY off topic... sorry
sylt-hjortron-cloudberry-jam__0090075_PE223516_S4.JPG

No it's presumably not empty, he puts "sealed bottle" right afterwards. I'm not entirely sure why people do that; is it a habit left over from the Ebay days, or is it so MBC doesn't run afoul of the law?

I can explain this. The site rules say that the beer must be over a year old since it's presumably supposed to be a cellar. Yes I know this is stupid. Just what the rules say.

So if the beer is less than a year old, they say empty bottle to get around the rules even though it's full.

So confusing and probably leads to many people passing on new bottles.

This is under the terms section for anyone interested in reading long winded **** and not posting to win Dave.

Pfft, only $950. Bro needs to step up his game. Compared to some of those listings that's a steal....I mean at least it is a good beer and not a 4 year old stout aged in the cubbard above someone's refrigerator.

A $50 bucket

Description
Back in the day, you took your bucket with you to the local pub and they would fill it up for you to take home. They called it a 'growler' - but it was a little different then what you see today :) This vintage Stag Beer growler, or pail, was used lovingly for years by kin in Belleville, MO. It is well used, but in excellent condition, with most of the original finish (98% plus?) and no rust. Insurance is included with the shipping cost.

http://mybeercellar.com/?itm=608

Here's that same guy who was trying to sell that SA Triple Bock for $250. Now it's a 1995 Thomas Hardy for $500:

http://mybeercellar.com/?itm=7247

He's also stepping up the hyperbole:

"The rarist of rare. I am unaware of any remaining bottles in the US & only a handful in the UK."
I have a 1987 in my basement, so I have a hard time believing that 1995 is all that rare...

http://www.mybeercellar.com/?itm=7278

I like one's like this. 5 bottles for sale, but description says from '07, '08, '09, and '12. Yet the bottles pictured are from 2007-2011. Oh, and it's $400.

Hahaha he changed it after I posted this to add the '10. Pro tip, bro - yellow wax is 2011, not 2012.
Wait, I just replied to myself on the internet. **** - new low. I quit.

And I made him a bit self-conscious about his granite countertops... He messaged me back on BA and said "hey bro. theres nothng wron g with my countertopps."

And that's exactly how he wrote it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just laughed out loud at this for like 10 seconds straight. So glad I wasn't sipping on my beer at the time or it would have ended up all over my computer.

Seriously, how dense does he have to be to think the point of that was to actually criticize his countertops?

I was really hoping Joel would come back on here and post in my Pictures Of Your Countertop thread.

do people actually buy/sell there? If so i am questioning why I drink beer.
I've not purchased anything there.

I hope it is real, because whenever I get tired of you ****s around here I am going to sell all these over the hill beers in my *cellar* and have a leg up into a new hobby. Still torn between corals and tubers.....but buying and running my own Reuben truck is steadily climbing up the list of possibilities.

Is income made from buying/selling beer considered capital gains? If so, the taxes aren't that bad!
Collectibles taxed at a maximum 28% if held for more than one year otherwise ordinary rates. Which hopefully would be lower than that asshats top marginal rate considering how much money he seems to spend on beer. However, if the IRS determined his selling of beer to be an illegal activity all money received would be taxable at ordinary rates with no consideration for what he paid for the bottles.

I've not purchased anything there.

I hope it is real, because whenever I get tired of you ****s around here I am going to sell all these over the hill beers in my *cellar* and have a leg up into a new hobby. Still torn between corals and tubers.....but buying and running my own Reuben truck is steadily climbing up the list of possibilities.

I would be sure to put said Reuben truck on my "must-do" list for any future visits to Indianapolis. Too bad it won't be open in 3 weeks...

Back