One Step Leaving Powder behind

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JughedJones

Reaction score
I just bought a new bag of One Step and am cleaning/sanitizing my keg, when i dumped out the water there was a massive amount of powder left on the bottom...

So much I had to rinse out the keg 3 or 4 times before it came out. Did I use WAY too much? It says 1 tbsp for 1 gallon, it's a 5 gallon Cornie...I'm bad at math but not that bad...

Anyone else seen this?

I don't want to rinse with tap water too much since that's kind of flying in the face of sanitizing huh?

You can't clean and sanitize in one step, despite the name.

It sounds like it's not mixing properly. Warmer water? A bit more shaking/stirring? I've never had any problem getting the stuff to dissolve.

You can't clean and sanitize in one step, despite the name.

It sounds like it's not mixing properly. Warmer water? A bit more shaking/stirring? I've never had any problem getting the stuff to dissolve.

Thanks, yeah I'm sanitizing it.

maybe it just needed more of all of the above, there was just an amazing amount of powder left behind, seemed like so much more than I even dumped in to begin with.

Back