On forum etiquette and "Likes."

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont care if i get a like, i care more about them taking my advice esp when i think its good advice that im giving. But sometimes getting a like is acknowledgement that they took or considered the advice i gave.

I confess that I sometimes feel a little jilted when someone posts a question, and I post a long, multi-paragraph response, and they come back with a "Thanks!", but no "like." I feel like if I helped them, the least they could do is show appreciation with a "like." Is that a reasonable expectation, or am I being overly sensitive?

Overly sensitive, yes absolutely

i dont care if i get a like, i care more about them taking my advice esp when i think its good advice that im giving. But sometimes getting a like is acknowledgement that they took or considered the advice i gave.

Good advice. Liked.

Overly sensitive, yes absolutely

Liked, even though you didn't read the thread.

Oh you care...

you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

I prefer to respond with a "thank you" than clicking the like button, but I will do either or. I think most people acknowledge one way or the other, but sometimes there's no reply and that's fine too by me. Perhaps the person isn't being considerate, but more than likely they just forgot to reply. It happens. There's another reason they may not reply: the questioner feels condescended to by the person answering. People don't mean to do this of course, but its easy to misjudge both the experience of the person asking and the intentions of the person replying.

I prefer to respond with a "thank you" than clicking the like button, but I will do either or. I think most people acknowledge one way or the other, but sometimes there's no reply and that's fine too by me. Perhaps the person isn't being considerate, but more than likely they just forgot to reply. It happens. There's another reason they may not reply: the questioner feels condescended to by the person answering. People don't mean to do this of course, but its easy to misjudge both the experience of the person asking and the intentions of the person replying.

Is the proper response 'Thank you sir, can i have another?'

[Well] [Actually] [So] rather than "Like" or "Unlike", since "Unlike" seems to be a little harsh I propose that in place of--you click on a ":turtle:" for a +1 and ":goat:" for a -0.

Back