On forum etiquette and "Likes."

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zoom.jpg

Coolest Fedora wearer eva.....

@kombat, you seem to be lacking a sense of being appreciated.

if i may suggest, you and your wife should consider having children.

You might wanna read debate before you suggest he reproduce. :D

Yea we debated right up to the point were we said "I can't believe we're doing this!":ban:

I can’t believe it never occurred to me that people might actually care about “likes” on the internet. I don’t use or pay attention to that aspect of internet life, and never have. It’s not that I mean to be insulting to anybody, it’s just that the whole concept has always seemed pretty shallow and pointless. Guess I was wrong, and there is a good chance that everybody I’ve associated with online for the last several years thinks I’m a dick.

I said this back on the first page
crap, ive just liked saying thanks. ive never used it, but just caused it reminded me too much of why i never joined facebook. Probably something about the thumbs up sign. Now I feel like a dick...

So back in the old days of forums people used to reply with a "thanks for the info" post or "I agree" or something similar. Things got really cluttered up and the real discussion would get lost. Some forums had a FAQ or forum rules area that would say not to post a "thank you" post for this reason. The whole "like" thing just stemmed from a way to streamline forums without cluttering them up.

I'm glad to read this. I've always felt that it clutters the thread having lots of posts just saying "Thanks", but didn't want to offend anyone. I'll be using the "like" button more in the future to keep the forum clutter down. By the way, I also "liked" your post.

Back