Ok... I have been trying to figure out the Acronym ya'll use...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true! I've been trying to find this one for months. And even though I know what the reference is, I can't find the actual "words", although I have an idea!

Since we're on this subject (I know I'm going to regret this) what does FTW stand for? I see it in a lot of posts.

Seriously? Your Google-Fu must be rusty. I managed to find it pretty quick though I must admit it took more search tuning than most of my info gathering attempts do, lol.

FTW?

Damn, I thought it meant FUT THE WUCK.

I need to re-evaluate everything. Why did I have sardines for lunch?

Boring version:
So We Make Beer OK

I'm gonna be in trouble version:
Shut-up Woman Make Beer Or-else

(ducking for cover)

Just Kidding Dear.

I told swmbo about swmbo, she thought it was funny and mentioned it to her parents. Apparently her 70+ mother and father use the term as well.

That's not surprising, them being the age they are. They probably read the novel or saw the movie.

The first use of swmbo was in the serialized novel "She" (who must be obeyed) by H. Rider Haggard published between October 1886 to January 1887....IIRC it is part of the Alan Quartermain novels...Remember the movie King Solomon's Mine

And the Sean Connery Character in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

51G1TFS54JL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

You can read the novel online it looks like...Bibliomania: Free Online Literature and Study Guides

And Ursula Andres made a damn fine looking one in the 1966 film version.

She_movie.jpg

ua012.jpg

huminahuminahumina!!!!!!

Anyone remember this thread???? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/who-wears-pants-round-here-72230/

Or this one?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/why-i-hate-swmbo-71202/

Back