OFFICIAL De Garde + Tillamook County Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salmonberry bu

salmonberry.jpg

Hnnnnngggggggg.
So ****ing serious. I love and miss those things from AK.
Please find me a hundred or so lbs Libbey.
Salmonberries are so hit or miss with their flavor though. So many taste like sugar water without acidity or any other notes. Why do you miss them? They are all over the place in the coast range by you.
I would love to see you do a thimbleberry bu. Those things have notes of fig, raspberry, and sometimes I get soft red wine flavors. Pretty please.

Salmonberries are so hit or miss with their flavor though. So many taste like sugar water without acidity or any other notes. Why do you miss them? They are all over the place in the coast range by you.
I would love to see you do a thimbleberry bu. Those things have notes of fig, raspberry, and sometimes I get soft red wine flavors. Pretty please.

I will expect 100# of thimbleberries now. ;)
200# would also be acceptable.

I miss the better Alaskan salmonberries. I agree that this far down the coast they lose some character. **** is good when it's good.

Kumquat Bu?
Persimmon Bu?
Mandarin Bu?
Rainier Cherry Bu?
Canary Melon Bu?

I expect all of these in my cellar within 365 days...

I will expect 100# of thimbleberries now. ;)
200# would also be acceptable.

I miss the better Alaskan salmonberries. I agree that this far down the coast they lose some character. **** is good when it's good.
I have picked 5# of thimbleberries in about 30 minutes along the forest service roads on the ridge north of Latimer Road. If I end up working out of Manzanita this summer, then I will bring you your 100# of thimbleberries.

Kumquat Bu?
Persimmon Bu?
Mandarin Bu?
Rainier Cherry Bu?
Canary Melon Bu?

I expect all of these in my cellar within 365 days...

Let's not get silly, this is real talk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_arcticus

княженика "the berry of princes"

These are the best berries that I've ever had, my sister used to get them in Juneau but you only get one berry per plant. Small batch whalz.

Let's not get silly, this is real talk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_arcticus

княженика "the berry of princes"

These are the best berries that I've ever had, my sister used to get them in Juneau but you only get one berry per plant. Small batch whalz.
Oh my god where do you find these things, I've been in search of these for 2 years plus now. How does one acquire an arctic raspberry? Will reward you with arctic raspberry beer or cloudberry beer, which is another Bu Trevor should brew.

Oh my god where do you find these things, I've been in search of these for 2 years plus now. How does one acquire an arctic raspberry? Will reward you with arctic raspberry beer or cloudberry beer, which is another Bu Trevor should brew.

Just need a bunch of fruit man. Just need them fruits.

Please do tell.
Sometimes you do stupid things for beer.
This might have to be one of them.
http://www.tidespoint.com/food/cloudberries.shtml
Cloudberries can be preserved on their own without any additional chemicals which makes these little jars great. They are usually picked in around august-September, but not sure how much effect on freshness the jars would have over time. The ones I used were probably about 4 months old when I used them. The cloudberry taste unlike anything else, I get a earthy funky flavor out of them. You'll have to let me know what you think when you try. I will certainly be using these more in the future as I love how they taste with my funky wild culture I use.

You can find them on at least one mountainside (but probably more) near Juneau Alaska but they are not widespread or easy to find. I don't know if they are available commercially anywhere. They are incredible though, I used to get one tiny jar of jelly per year.

Well if we are dealing rarez fruit my friend grows more guavas than he knows what to do with. Typically he gives me more than enough for the high price of free.

Srs, lets talk if you want some. A good amount goes to waste rotting on the ground

Back