Off bottling flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsmjack

Reaction score
I bottled my beer a couple days ago and i sampled it today to find that it has an off flavor. Its strange to describe but its eliminated the flavor, keep in mind i sampled it before bottling and was pretty good. I used half a teaspoon of dextrose per 375ml bottle to prime. Im not sure if the problem is to do with the beer being green or the sugar being off.

Beer details:
2 packets of Windsor ale yeast
original gravity -1.032 (its a light session beer)
final gravity -1.008
Primary for 20 days
temp ranged from 16 degrees Celsius to 29 (In Australia, not even ice baths keep the heat down)

Thanks for any help you provide.

Two days in the bottle? Sounds green to me. Let it sit another 2-3 weeks and try again.

I sure do hope its green. Nothing worst then putting in all those hours brewing, all that care to end up just dumping it. say if it wasnt green however, would there be anything i could do?

I just cracked open my 2nd week sample of an Irish Red extract brew. It too had "green" flavors, but it was better than it was a week after bottling. I'd say just give it time!

Back