Obnoxious REAL Football Trash Talking Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersteiner2345

Reaction score
OK, this one is for real football only. The kind played on Saturday.

Predictions?

As a UF and OSU (Oklahoma State) alum... I am more confident for my Cowboys this year. I think UF's schedule (6 preseason top 25 teams) is going to give them a very long season. I am excited to see what Muschamp has in store for the Gators. And I think Weis will actually use Brantley in an offense he can flourish in, unlike Adazio last year trying to force him to be Tim Tebow in an option.

I am calling 10-3 for the Gators and 12-1 for the Cowboys.

What's your team? Predictions?

I also say Alabama repeats this year, keeping the BCS NC in the SEC for the 6th year in a row. It almost doesn't seem fair! lmao.

God it's almost here. I can't wait. :rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

HAHAHA Yeah, not hate intended by this thread... just seems like everyone in the other one is just talking NFL.

Glad to see another SECer in here though. Looks like Auburn should have another strong team this year...

Auburn always was my second favorite team in the SEC. Beautiful campus and their fans have a ton of class.

Disclaimer: I'm about to discuss a non-BCS conference. I realize this is a scary concept. If you are sensitive about non-BCS talk and fear your out-dated bid system is in jeopardy then please do not continue reading.

Heh. I'm just kidding around, but I know I'm going to get looked down on.... it happens everywhere.

Sooooo, with Boise State leaving the WAC it looks like Nevada (GO PACK!) will have a weak SOS. However I don't think weak enough for us not to have a preseason ranking, let alone not even being close to breaking Top 25 on the votes. It's shenanigans and conspiracy I say! :D

But here's the deal: Nevada will destroy the WAC this season, even without their star duo of Kaepernick and Taua from last season that silently broke ridiculous records... including Kaepernick reaching a milestone before that ass-clown Cam Newton but still getting "3rd to reach it" honors.

There are still two RB from last season who are young and look spectacular. Plus there are three quarterbacks vying for the starting position... rumor has it that Hall-of-Famer Head Coach Chris Ault will keep with his invented Pistol offense but might shift towards a more balanced play instead of 75+% of the plays being on the ground.

Also, here's another question to consider: next season when Nevada, Fresno State and Hawai'i join the Mountain West Conference will they get an automatic bid? Or is that conference going to have to smack around the over-rated auto-bids until they finally set up a playoff system?

Good question on the MWC bids... not sure how it'll play out.

No one will look down on you for having a non-BCS team. They might just look down on your team if they want a BCS bowl bid. lol

I keed, I keed.

With moving out to Colorado this year I haven't had a chance to pay much attention to the offseason talk but I'm hopeing my Southern Miss Eagles make a run for the CUSA championship this year. The new house has a great walk out basment that was meant for watching football while smoking meats and doing a few brews. Got a nice session amber that just finished carbing up that is going to be great for the first month of the season and a cider and Autumn Maple clone that should be ready by October. not to mention being in the MT time zone means Game Day starting at 8am and the West coast games kicking off at a reasonable hour is going to make for some great Saturdays this fall

With moving out to Colorado this year I haven't had a chance to pay much attention to the offseason talk but I'm hopeing my Southern Miss Eagles make a run for the CUSA championship this year. The new house has a great walk out basment that was meant for watching football while smoking meats and doing a few brews. Got a nice session amber that just finished carbing up that is going to be great for the first month of the season and a cider and Autumn Maple clone that should be ready by October. not to mention being in the MT time zone means Game Day starting at 8am and the West coast games kicking off at a reasonable hour is going to make for some great Saturdays this fall

I am in the same boat. Just moved to AZ. So I think our (UF) season opener is at 10 am. lol Go party, come home, take a nap, then more football and home brew!!!

Man I wish I had a walkout basement and that I could have moved my smoker out here. This will be a strange football season without ribs and brisket.

OK, this one is for real football only. The kind played on Saturday.

Predictions?

As a UF and OSU (Oklahoma State) alum... I am more confident for my Cowboys this year. I think UF's schedule (6 preseason top 25 teams) is going to give them a very long season. I am excited to see what Muschamp has in store for the Gators. And I think Weis will actually use Brantley in an offense he can flourish in, unlike Adazio last year trying to force him to be Tim Tebow in an option.

I am calling 10-3 for the Gators and 12-1 for the Cowboys.

What's your team? Predictions?

I also say Alabama repeats this year, keeping the BCS NC in the SEC for the 6th year in a row. It almost doesn't seem fair! lmao.

God it's almost here. I can't wait. :rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

There's only one REAL OSU.

Graduated from Ole Miss so I have to be hopeful, but truthfully we never live up to my expectations. Oh well, Hotty Toddy we can hopefully ruin someone's season.

P'shaw.

A thread dedicated to college football is exactly as lame as a thread about minor-league baseball.

Pawtucket Red Sox rule! Go, Portland Sea Dogs!

Get a real ****ing Championship and then MAYBE we'll talk.

There's only one REAL OSU.

Yup. Oklahoma State.

I would throw Oregon State into the mix too. Just can't count the buckeyes. I thought they renamed that school anyways. "THE University of Florida at Columbus."

You know, since UF owns you in football and basketball? :D

NOW we're getting some trash talking going on. lol

P'shaw.

A thread dedicated to college football is exactly as lame as a thread about minor-league baseball.

Pawtucket Red Sox rule! Go, Portland Sea Dogs!

Get a real ****ing Championship and then MAYBE we'll talk.

You're right. I would much rather watch a bunch of prima donna cry babies playing for nothing more than money. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

Emotions run deeper in college football than pro due to an actual connection to the team. (i.e. you may have attended the school.) Not to say there aren't crazy NFL fans too, but NFL just can't compete.

You're right. I would much rather watch a bunch of prima donna cry babies playing for nothing more than money. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

See, I'm calling bull**** on that. For every NFL player that's clearly just in it for the money, I'll show you a college kid that's taking money under the table. You telling me that a guy like Wes Welker is just in it for the bank? Coming back early from injury and going fearlessly over the middle? Every NFL team is loaded with guys like that, some guys who are stars, some guys who are just trying to hold on, but to claim that most NFL players don't care about anything but the paycheck is LAZY. Hundreds of players fighting to make it in the NFL, don't just look at the handful of primadonna wide receivers (who were *****ebags when they were still "amateurs," anyway).

College football *should* be great, and at a lot of small schools, it is. You don't get many rivalries better than Williams-Amherst, just talking about a local one.

Big-time college football is nothing more than professional football when they just don't issue the star players a Form 1099 at the end of the year. The refusal to institute a real championship system is an absolute joke. The whole... it's a condescending attitude than emanates from the NCAA system about how much more "pure" the game... it's just completely hypocritical. It's 100% greed that keeps the NCAA from instituting what the VAST majority of college football fans want - a real playoff system - and yet people want to just talk about NFL players' greed?

**** college football! **** it up it's stupid ass!

(How's THAT for some trash-talking!)

See, I'm calling bull**** on that. For every NFL player that's clearly just in it for the money, I'll show you a college kid that's taking money under the table. You telling me that a guy like Wes Welker is just in it for the bank? Coming back early from injury and going fearlessly over the middle? Every NFL team is loaded with guys like that, some guys who are stars, some guys who are just trying to hold on, but to claim that most NFL players don't care about anything but the paycheck is LAZY. Hundreds of players fighting to make it in the NFL, don't just look at the handful of primadonna wide receivers (who were *****ebags when they were still "amateurs," anyway).

College football *should* be great, and at a lot of small schools, it is. You don't get many rivalries better than Williams-Amherst, just talking about a local one.

Big-time college football is nothing more than professional football when they just don't issue the star players a Form 1099 at the end of the year. The refusal to institute a real championship system is an absolute joke. The whole... it's a condescending attitude than emanates from the NCAA system about how much more "pure" the game... it's just completely hypocritical. It's 100% greed that keeps the NCAA from instituting what the VAST majority of college football fans want - a real playoff system - and yet people want to just talk about NFL players' greed?

**** college football! **** it up it's stupid ass!

(How's THAT for some trash-talking!)

You're right. I know when I think of great college football rivalries, Williams-Amherst is absolutely the first one to pop into my head.

That's way bigger than Ohio State/Michigan, OU/Texas, UF/FSU, USC/Clemson, Alabama/Auburn, etc...

You're right.

And yes, I am aware that there are players in the NFL that play from the heart. But the ones that don't are the vocal minority that everyone sees. It just makes me laugh to see them do a freaking end zone dance when they score a touchdown. Congratulations. You did your job. One you're paid millions of dollars to do.

My high school coach taught us something that always stuck with me, and that I think is also present in most college teams. "When you find the end zone, act like you've been there before and you're just doing a job. That is way more intimidating than dancing around like an idiot."

With all the crazy celebrations in the NFL, I liken it more to professional WWE wrestling than football. It would seem by your inability to debate without profanity, that NFL fans are much more along this wavelength too. Maybe the NFL just caters to their target audience. (This would be you).

Well, no **** you don't notice the 98% of NFL players who go out and just do their job, you just pay attention to the 2% who act like clowns. Try watching the damn game instead of just the ESPN highlights!

Oh, and you know Williams and Amherst have been playing since 1884, right? You're a college fan, you'd know SOMETHING about one of the longest rivalries in college athletics. I'd rather stand on the sidelines for that game than get buried under the bull**** of Michigan-Ohio State (but I'd still rather watch, you know, the BEST football players compete on Sunday).

At least the paychecks NFL players earn are honest! The money I spend on tickets is going mostly to the players, not to some athletic director.

(this is fun).

Well, no **** you don't notice the 98% of NFL players who go out and just do their job, you just pay attention to the 2% who act like clowns. Try watching the damn game instead of just the ESPN highlights!

Oh, and you know Williams and Amherst have been playing since 1884, right? You're a college fan, you'd know SOMETHING about one of the longest rivalries in college athletics. I'd rather stand on the sidelines for that game than get buried under the bull**** of Michigan-Ohio State (but I'd still rather watch, you know, the BEST football players compete on Sunday).

At least the paychecks NFL players earn are honest! The money I spend on tickets is going mostly to the players, not to some athletic director.

(this is fun).

Oldest, while something to be appreciated, does not automatically make something the best.

So, anyways, back to topic. This thread was designed to talk smack amongst college fans. Not to debate which is better between Saturday and Sunday football, Ford or Chevy, etc...

You can't shut me up! This is an OBNOXIOUS trash-talk thread!

;)

Crap! I should have renamed it. :cross:

Anyways, you enjoy your football and I'll enjoy mine. Like the great Peter Griffin said, "While I may not agree with what you have to say, I will defend to the death your right to say it." I think he was quoting someone else though. ;)

I posted my team in the NFL thread (the only team I ever watch on Sunday).

Thank God. I resolved to let this thread die since I thought no one else here cared.

What is "Go Blue"... hadn't heard that one before?

pointerDixie214 said:
Thank God. I resolved to let this thread die since I thought no one else here cared.

What is "Go Blue"... hadn't heard that one before?

Something those strange folks from michigan say. Blue and gold-maize or whatever

South Dakota Coyotes!

We beat Minnesota last year, and will continue our dismantling of the Big Ten this September against Wisconsin...

If that doesn't work out, I still have the Huskers. Go Big Red!

j1laskey said:
I bet the Patriots could beat all of the college football teams during the preseason, then go on to win the Superbowl.

Congratulations. You win the award for the most random, useless and mindless post of the day.

kaka.gif

So, how 'bout them University of Miami Hurricanes? Are they the best professional football team in Florida?

I don't blame those kids in the least for taking what was offered to them. You're 21 years old, someone offers you $50k and a hooker, you're going to say no? ****, I'm 35 and I don't think I'd say no!

So, how 'bout them University of Miami Hurricanes? Are they the best professional football team in Florida?

I don't blame those kids in the least for taking what was offered to them. You're 21 years old, someone offers you $50k and a hooker, you're going to say no? ****, I'm 35 and I don't think I'd say no!

True enough. I am glad to see Miami return to doing what the do best. Fire the coach that actually brought some integrity to your program (at least with discipline) and now this comes out.

For the record- I love real real football (soccer here) as well. Just not as much.

Fine. How about rugby? :D

When I was young, I was in the middle of a scrum, and the wrong foot in the wrong place, collapsed, trampled, never playing that one again. But damn that's an awesome game.
Rugbys cool.

Honestly, I hope they can make it to something more prestigious than the Kotex bowl this year. Playing your bowl game in mid-December has to be a bit disheartening. :p

Although the reference to Gator meaning Kotex makes me laugh, at least Michigan's' worst violation was practicing too much.

Honestly, I hope they can make it to something more prestigious than the Kotex bowl this year. Playing your bowl game in mid-December has to be a bit disheartening. :p

Perhaps you'll have enough players to field a team this year.

_

Back