Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I didn't watch TV last night. When I turned on SC this morning and saw the header "safety-less in SF", I thought "Ruh Roh! Seattle destroyed them!". Sorry to hear that even when Harbaugh gives out two free points, the 'Hawks couldn't win. :p

Just cause I know folks are on the edge of their seats:

Pre-game at Gillette Sunday:

Appetizer: braised beef cheek in garlic and Italian red wine. Crusty bread with roasted garlic-rosemary butter.
Main meal: lasagne and chicken parm (both with homemade pasta sauce) and then carbonara with home cured pancetta and eggs from my chicken coop (don't think I am making the pasta from scratch but I might)

Post-game: grilled dry aged rib eyes stuffed with roasted garlic, spinach and melted Brie and baked potato bar.

Three beers on tap so far. "Big blonde", "black steam" (both are Bog Iron Beers) and a Jack's Abby O-Fest

Pats 78 Jets 3

Just cause I know folks are on the edge of their seats:

Pre-game at Gillette Sunday:

Appetizer: braised beef cheek in garlic and Italian red wine. Crusty bread with roasted garlic-rosemary butter.
Main meal: lasagne and chicken parm (both with homemade pasta sauce) and then carbonara with home cured pancetta and eggs from my chicken coop (don't think I am making the pasta from scratch but I might)

Post-game: grilled dry aged rib eyes stuffed with roasted garlic, spinach and melted Brie and baked potato bar.

Three beers on tap so far. "Big blonde", "black steam" (both are Bog Iron Beers) and a Jack's Abby O-Fest

Pats 78 Jets 3

You got a nice Chianti going with that Lasagne? Maybe some of our 49er fans can help you pick a nice vineyard and year. I'm picturing finest china and silverware with a white table cloth. I'm not seeing where beer pairs with any of this. Dude!

FYI, the Giants are going to curbstomp the all hype, gimmicky, Redskins tomorrow. That is all.

You got a nice Chianti going with that Lasagne? Maybe some of our 49er fans can help you pick a nice vineyard and year. I'm picturing finest china and silverware with a white table cloth. I'm not seeing where beer pairs with any of this. Dude!

I woulda thunk that McBrewski hacked into Cape's account or something, except I happen to have a good source who's indicated that Cape's chicken coop is a real thing.

Keep ****in' that chicken, Cape!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss8LDBNcsWc

breaking news:

"jets personal trainer is under investigation after he was seen wiping olive oil on the receivers' hands."

olivegate.

"We had it all the way!" ;)

Taking off the blinders: that was one ugly fuggin win for the Pats. I sincerely doubt they're going to put any kind of scare into any team the rest of the way after Yet Another 4th Quarter Debacle.

Our secondary sucks something fierce. Anything airmailed down field is an automatic advance via catch or defensive penalty. To a man their technique is horrible. Nothing more than a big fat bullseye for the other team to exploit. Totally exposed. And our pass rush rarely puts any heat on the opposing QB, which makes that secondary look even worse.

I think we'll be lucky to go 10-6 this season. Maybe 9-7 is more realistic. On the up side, the way the rest of the division is playing, 9-7 will probably take it. But we'll get smoked in the first playoff game...

Cheers!

The Boston media is turning very Red Sox-ey on the Patriots now that baseball season is over for them. With the tone of the coverage last night, you'd have thunk that the Pats got their asses whomped, Ravens-style, instead of grinding out a tough, ugly win against a team that's been playing decent football. The defensive backfield is still atrocious, but... well, even Achilles had that little weakness on his heel. They'll get better. But man, the coverage is brutal for a team that's still been more successful than not this year.

And, I'm sure glad that BB didn't panic like the friggin' media and drop Gostkowski after week 2.

The Boston media is turning very Red Sox-ey on the Patriots now that baseball season is over for them. With the tone of the coverage last night, you'd have thunk that the Pats got their asses whomped, Ravens-style, instead of grinding out a tough, ugly win against a team that's been playing decent football. The defensive backfield is still atrocious, but... well, even Achilles had that little weakness on his heel. They'll get better. But man, the coverage is brutal for a team that's still been more successful than not this year.

And, I'm sure glad that BB didn't panic like the friggin' media and drop Gostkowski after week 2.

pats fans talking about the d-backs "getting better"?

is it 2010 in here?

I dunno Bird...

here's what I saw yesterday...

I saw a Pats offense that looked like a 500-team offense at best. They ran for over 100 and passed for something like 250 and two TDs which isn't horrible but they looked like crap. The Jets D isn't scary and the Pats, at no point, looked like they were in control. The Defense is horrific. The run defense was mediocre, giving up just over 100 yards but the pass defense continues to be the worst I've ever seen. They get ZERO pressure. Sanchez had some much time in the pocket he could have sat down, read a few pages of a book, made a cup of coffee, drank it, looked up, found a receiver and threw to them. It was insane. On top of that, the shtty zone defense the Pats play leaves guys wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open with no one within 15 yards of them. If it wasn't for a half a dozen embarrassing drops by the God-awful Jets WRs, they would have hung 40 points on the Pats.

The Pats are not a good football team right now at all. Up until yesterday, I was still drinking the Kool-Aid... thinking, "meh... they're finding their rhythm, they'll be fine. The three loses they have are by a combined four points, they just need to sharpen up a bit"... but after yesterday??? Yucccccccccccccck. They looked horrible and has ZERO business winning that game. Luckily the Jets sucked way worse right at the end and the Pats pulled it out.

They are traveling to London this week to play a horrible Rams team which they can hopefully get lucky against and then they have a bye week, which is perfectly timed. Get Gronk and Hernandez 100% healthy and hopefully try to do SOMETHING on the freaken defensive side of the ball or else the second half of the season will be a train wreck.

Now... some folks might be thinking, "What?? Cape is saying something bad about the Pats???"

You gotta remember... when I say, "The Pats look horrible" or "They're not a good football team right now"... that is in the context of... "FOR THE PATS". I mean, for any other team, how they look right now would be a Godsend. Fans of other teams pray to look "as bad" as the Pats do right now, so, it's all relative. They just look horrible FOR THEM. We expect them to blow teams out every single week (as they should be doing) so when that doesn't happen, it's a shock to the system and we react the way I just did.

Regardless, in the long run (meaning after today), I can't see them losing another game.

Back