Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C1sRvkeVQAAXfNj.jpg:large

Has anyone done any analysis to figure out exactly WHY Eli looks like the great gazoo?

I mean, his head without the helmet doesn't look abnormal, and I don't think the helmet is any different then other QB helmets. Very puzzling.

Get ready folks the Football World Championship is on in ~8 hrs. Clemson the Alabama rematch from last years World Championship, Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide look to win their 5th World title in 8 Years. What a Dynasty.

Roll Tide!

Eli is totally more gazoo-like than kapernick. Totally. Only a manicure-getting pats fan would think otherwise.

Not sure I would think it was rockin if I was related to Moto, I would probably hang my head in shame. I guess being from Alabama, that is a source of pride.

Hey Pats fans, I know this thread is mostly bluster, comebacks and the like, but serious questions here..., if you can hold off on the snarky comments for a moment :)

Garapolo (sp?) is due a new contract this year, Brady is turning 40 and still playing at a high level, so if you put on your GM hat, what would you do this offseason? Sign Jimmy for say 15mm/yr or whatever he'll garner, and keep him around, trade him a la Cassel (maybe Jimmy is just another system QB?), or do you pull a Bill "move my best players" move, sign Jimmy and move on from Brady! That of course assumes you think he's your star QB for the next 10+ yrs (can't believe that Brady can stick around to 50....can he?!).

Interested in hearing what the Pats fans are thinking...

ha-ha!! And neither do I. But, wonder when they realize it will be time for FAB- football after Brady. And seriously interested in their thoughts.

Honestly speaking:

You've got a couple things going on with that question. First is the (mostly) false narrative that Belichick moves his best players. He moves players, regardless of skill level, who won't buy in to the program he's running. Cases in point are Jones and Collins just this year. Both were (or had been) great talents, but were either flaking out off the field (Jones) or freelancing and not sticking to the plan (Collins), so they were offloaded. It's pretty hard to argue that the Pats' defense hasn't actually improved since dumping Collins, surprisingly... And he does tend to move certain highly skilled players when he sees a drop off in their skills on the horizon. Logan Mankins is a great example of this. Hell, Randy Moss is an excellent example too - he played his one year, prove-it contract in 07, bought in, and was inarguably their best player. So they re-signed him, he had another good year or two, then just melted down, stopped buying into the program altogether, and was run out of town on a rail. But while he was their best receiver _and bought in_, nobody thought twice about moving him.

But move his best players? Or move all players when their end is in sight? Take a look at guys like Troy Brown or Kevin Faulk. Both dependable players, but there were better folks at their positions while they were around. Tedy Bruschi might fall into that too. All three of those guys retired Patriots, because of the relationships they had formed mostly with the ownership. Look at Gronk - arguably their most dangerous offensive player (behind only Brady, maybe), and even with his injury history, nobody's talking about moving him. Look in the defense at Hightower, Butler, and McCourty. Hell - definitely look at McCourty. One of the best in his position in the league, nevermind the team, and nobody's thinking about moving him.

So we look at Brady. He's another of Kraft's boys - so that's one. He and Belichick are pretty much joined at the hip during the season. That's two. And he's the GOAT (not talking smack here - everyone in New England honestly believes this). They're not likely to move on from him until he's ready to hang up his kleats.

Then look at Garopolo. He has one more year on his contract - so there's no absolute need to make a decision about him right now. But I'm sure there are already talks going on at some level, and they'll heat up once the Pats are done for the season sometime in mid-February. If they think he'll sign at a reasonable level to stay on as a backup until whenever Brady is ready, and it makes sense to the bottom line, he's their best bet at this rate for a Montana-Young or Favre-Rodgers type of transition, and they'll try to make that work. If they don't think they can, they'll move Garopolo now while there's still some trade value to be had and keep looking for their next QB (pretty safe bet that's not gonna be Brisett - I'm still kind of stumped on that signing).

ha-ha!! And neither do I. But, wonder when they realize it will be time for FAB- football after Brady. And seriously interested in their thoughts.

The GOAT isn't going anywhere and Garoppolo will be heading somewhere, probably Cleveland, for a first round pick.

Realistically, Brady CAN'T have that many years left but do you go another couple years with the best to ever play the game or go with a kid who's played 6 quarters of football? They'll stick with Brady and get whatever they can for Garoppolo.

And I agree with that approach 100%.

Realistically, Brady CAN'T have that many years left .

Hypothetically speaking....
Let's say Brady takes his team to the superbowl this year and wins it...
Then decides to retire on a high note like Manning did?

Now off to watch the best football game of the year.
ROLL TIDE!

Should be a good game tonight between Bama and Clemson. I would take the 6 points.

Good points Pat fans on Brady / team. Realistically I'm hoping 2017 brings a big downgrade in his game. Tired of this. Tired.

Latest posts

Back