Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, ok.... Let's take it easy on our boy Hoppy... He's having enough trouble given how terrible the Seahawks are. No need to rub salt in the wounds

So the big question is next week for their first home game. Is the 12th Man gonna show up to the stadium or did they totally jump ship last February and it will be empty?

seahawk.jpg

I don't get the bandwagon jargon from Patriots fans. Your fan base is the most bandwagon of them all, with the exception of maybe Dallas and San Francisco. It's just weird and shows complete lack of self awareness.

I don't get the bandwagon jargon from Patriots fans. Your fan base is the most bandwagon of them all, with the exception of maybe Dallas and San Francisco. It's just weird and shows complete lack of self awareness.

I think the majority of pats fans in here are old fvcks. We remember the days of bad ownership and coaches for probably the majority of our lives. That's why we appreciate what has happened. There are new fans that have been pulled in thru the marketing scheme but what can you do. As a Pats fan I'd say Dallas and SF have the right to say their team was a dynasty. Different time and different dynasty. That's how old I am. I remember and appreciate those teams.

I think the majority of pats fans in here are old fvcks. We remember the days of bad ownership and coaches for probably the majority of our lives. That's why we appreciate what has happened. There are new fans that have been pulled in thru the marketing scheme but what can you do. As a Pats fan I'd say Dallas and SF have the right to say their team was a dynasty. Different time and different dynasty. That's how old I am. I remember and appreciate those teams.

Do you not realize there are hundreds of thousands of people who can legitimately make the same claim about their own team?

How about giving credit where credit is due!

J-E-T-S, JETS!, JETS!, JETS!

It was kind of nice listening to them lauding Broadway Joe and the Jets for their one and only Super Bowl appearance and win on the broadcast tonight. When was that again? 45 years ago? More? Whew! Man, that was a long time ago.

It was kind of nice listening to them lauding Broadway Joe and the Jets for their one and only Super Bowl appearance and win on the broadcast tonight. When was that again? 45 years ago? More? Whew! Man, that was a long time ago.
Past doesn't matter, what matters is this year. That's the same argument Yankees fans make when they don't make it, oooh look how many rings we have....who cares that's the past!!!

Jets pull the upset

It's not an upset when I called it over a week ago. The Jets looked ****ing awesome. Get on the ****ing hype train!

Pros so far: Great defense, actually forcing turnovers, and our offense actually looks competent. I loved Rexy but I really like how Bowles is managing this team.

Cons: Ultra-conservative offense last night. The Colts lost their entire starting secondary. Put points on the board! Being content to play defense in the 4th quarter with just a 10-0 lead is not how we're going to make the playoffs.

Calling it now: Jets will be either 5-0 or 4-1 going into Week 6 in Foxboro.

Next three games for the Jets:

- Home vs Eagles: Easy win. My flag football team could shut the Eagles down right now.
- Home vs Dolphins: Easy win. Tannehill sucks, the Dolphins organization sucks, and Suh signing was a colossal **** up.
- Away vs Redskins: Seriously? Three ****ty QBs in a row? Easy win.

The Jets didn't lose Rex "The Mouth" Ryan so much as they gained a better coach.
He's the Bills' problem now. Ha!

Oh and go Pats!

Next three games for the Jets:

- Home vs Eagles: Easy win. My flag football team could shut the Eagles down right now.
- Home vs Dolphins: Easy win. Tannehill sucks, the Dolphins organization sucks, and Suh signing was a colossal **** up.
- Away vs Redskins: Seriously? Three ****ty QBs in a row? Easy win.

Hard to argue with that... Start off the season against 5 teams that are absolute train wrecks - at least two of those are near complete surprises (who expected the Colts or Eagles to drop off this far, this fast?).

Gonna make that jolt of reality pretty tough once they start facing actual football teams though.

Gonna make that jolt of reality pretty tough once they start facing actual football teams though.

Aside from two games against NE and Buffalo, the Jets really don't face a tough schedule at all. We have games against Oakland, the Jaguars, the Giants, Titans, and Texans in the second half of the season. Jets should easily go 10-6 and at least get a wildcard. The Cowboys game is also winnable but depends on if Romo and Bryant are back.

you're right. I do, indeed, have nothing.

The Green Bay Packers also have nothing. If you're talking about losses, that is.

Back