Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are making an assumption; in all my arguments I've never put forth any assumptions. I'm basing mine on explicit facts or statements. and I am talking about the alleged cheating. A player had never ever been suspended for even one game for cheating. I think that the largest penalty a player has ever received (if any has been actually so punished) might have amounted to $10-20K. Right now I can't research if any player has been punished at all for on-field cheating. I would think it would fall in line with stickum or cleats being too long.

And assuming that Brady did cheat, the only act the Wells report "proved" that he did was being "generally aware" of "inappropriate activities." Everything else is an assumption by the NFL. And once again we know how valuable assumptions are.

If you're going to take unprecedented steps to stop chicanery in the game I would think you'd want a stronger example. In law the saying goes "extreme action results in extreme decisions." If you want to believe that 4 games is fine for being "generally aware" of "inappropriate activities" I guess your definition of extreme differs from mine.

It won't matter anyway because either Brady plays the whole year or Garappolo leads them to 4-0. I think it's cute the Jets, Bills, and Fish think they have a chance.

i can't deny it's an assumption. As is the assumption of the NFL that he cheated. Because Goodell Knows that an NFL quarterback knows how his equipment is handled. A QB's equipment being a football. I'm sure you believe Slash doesn't understand how a guitar works either. Acting like Brady doesn't know because it's in a different book is a joke, and you have to know that.

Pats fans :confused:

The team did cheat.. they've cheated before. And as a fan of football that pisses me off. And it should piss the Patriots' fans off too. I'm not saying you should stop being a fan.. well, you should, but that's because the Pats suck lol.. but it should tick you off. Especially when you have a team that is already damn good without the cheating. You shouldn't be pissed at the people who caught them doing it. If it takes some serious fines and suspensions to get these players, coaches, and organizations to respect the game and keep their **** straight then I support that.

Because Goodell Knows that an NFL quarterback knows how his equipment is handled. A QB's equipment being a football. I'm sure you believe Slash doesn't understand how a guitar works either. Acting like Brady doesn't know because it's in a different book is a joke, and you have to know that.

I think this is a huge part of the public's perception and something that is heard constantly.

And... I think it is a huge pile if bullshti and, to a large extent, the heart of this entire asinine "scandal"

Do NFL QBs have preferences on how they like the footballs? Of course.

Brady obviously likes the ball on the lower end of the PSI scale. In the Wells report, the equip guy jokes about "fcku Tom, I'm going to make the balls like rugby balls".

So does a QB have a feel for the ball? Of course. But this notion that you can hand a ball to a QB and he would be able to tell you the fckuing PSI is total bullshti. So you can hand two balls to Peyton Manning and he can tell you, "this ball is 11.8 psi and this one is 11.1 psi"?? Bullshti. All he can tell you, maybe, is that one is a hair softer than the other.

And that's what you're basing your entire bullshti opinion on... a QBs ability to tell you the exact psi at any given moment. Because if a QB can't tell you, almost exactly, what the psi in a ball is at any given moment, there is no way Brady could know that the balls were outside the range of the rules.

And like I have asked people to show me multiple times on this thread.... Show me where in the Wells Report Brady tells anyone to break a rule. He doesn't. He btiches at his equip guys that the balls are too stiff.

And from that everyone makes this huge leap to "Brady has to know therefore he is the ringleader of the most damaging cheating scandal in the history of organized sports!!!"

It's fckuing stupid. Ridiculously stupid.

The team did cheat.. they've cheated before. And as a fan of football that pisses me off. And it should piss the Patriots' fans off too. I'm not saying you should stop being a fan.. well, you should, but that's because the Pats suck lol.. but it should tick you off. Especially when you have a team that is already damn good without the cheating. You shouldn't be pissed at the people who caught them doing it. If it takes some serious fines and suspensions to get these players, coaches, and organizations to respect the game and keep their **** straight then I support that.

Suck like a 4 time Super Bowl champion, LOL.

You tick me off.

I think this is a huge part of the public's perception and something that is heard constantly.

And... I think it is a huge pile if bullshti and, to a large extent, the heart of this entire asinine "scandal"

Do NFL QBs have preferences on how they like the footballs? Of course.

Brady obviously likes the ball on the lower end of the PSI scale. In the Wells report, the equip guy jokes about "fcku Tom, I'm going to make the balls like rugby balls".

So does a QB have a feel for the ball? Of course. But this notion that you can hand a ball to a QB and he would be able to tell you the fckuing PSI is total bullshti. So you can hand two balls to Peyton Manning and he can tell you, "this ball is 11.8 psi and this one is 11.1 psi"?? Bullshti. All he can tell you, maybe, is that one is a hair softer than the other.

And that's what you're basing your entire bullshti opinion on... a QBs ability to tell you the exact psi at any given moment. Because if a QB can't tell you, almost exactly, what the psi in a ball is at any given moment, there is no way Brady could know that the balls were outside the range of the rules.

And like I have asked people to show me multiple times on this thread.... Show me where in the Wells Report Brady tells anyone to break a rule. He doesn't. He btiches at his equip guys that the balls are too stiff.

And from that everyone makes this huge leap to "Brady has to know therefore he is the ringleader of the most damaging cheating scandal in the history of organized sports!!!"

It's fckuing stupid. Ridiculously stupid.

You are never going to win this battle in here or with any other Patriots hater. I have asked the same question and I get 1) he had to have known, the equipment guys wouldn't put it under 12.5 psi without him asking or 2) they come back and ask "Do you honestly think he didn't have anything to do with it?" or 3) This isn't a court of law, "probable" is good enough. None of which answers my question "What evidence do you have directly against Brady? The newest one is "Him destroying his phone looks really bad."

Haters want to say the Pats/Brady cheated. I know the haters in here are going to come back with something stupid. That is how we know they are haters and can't give hard evidence against Brady.

You are never going to win this battle in here or with any other Patriots hater. I have asked the same question and I get 1) he had to have known, the equipment guys wouldn't put it under 12.5 psi without him asking or 2) they come back and ask "Do you honestly think he didn't have anything to do with it?" or 3) This isn't a court of law, "probable" is good enough. None of which answers my question "What evidence do you have directly against Brady? The newest one is "Him destroying his phone looks really bad."

Haters want to say the Pats/Brady cheated. I know the haters in here are going to come back with something stupid. That is how we know they are haters and can't give hard evidence against Brady.

Not any more than a Pats fan will ever be not blindly support the team. They could all go on a murder spree and shoot everyone in the stadium in the head on HD video, and you would still argue that they did nothing wrong.

Not any more than a Pats fan will ever be not blindly support the team. They could all go on a murder spree and shoot everyone in the stadium in the head on HD video, and you would still argue that they did nothing wrong.

Lol you are absolutely blinded by your hatred. Any Pats fan will tell you they thought Hernandez did it after the evidence came out...which is what you need to convict someone. As soon as ESPN said 11 out of the 12 balls were 2psi lower, every Pats hater automatically said Brady was guilty with no evidence. And now that there is still no evidence, Pats haters still say he is guilty. You were just looking for some stupid excuse to say why the Pats were so good. You haters are funny

Lol you are absolutely blinded by your hatred. Any Pats fan will tell you they thought Hernandez did it after the evidence came out...which is what you need to convict someone. As soon as ESPN said 11 out of the 12 balls were 2psi lower, every Pats hater automatically said Brady was guilty with no evidence. And now that there is still no evidence, Pats haters still say he is guilty. You were just looking for some stupid excuse to say why the Pats were so good. You haters are funny

lol I don't need an excuse to say the Pats are good. I've said it multiple times. They are a fantastic team. short of getting caught cheating... again... they were the best out there this past year. Which as I've said ticks me off even more. It's not like they are the Raiders just trying to do anything they can come up with to build some momentum. They are a damn good team, with one of the best QBs to ever throw a pigskin.
The funny part is the lovers who can't see the wrong doing. I'm basing my opinion not on the ESPN report, but the same information the NFL Commissioner is... The balls were indeed underinflated, and there are certain people who are involved in how the equipment is handled. Knowing how damn good Brady is, I don't believe there is any way in hell anything is done to those footballs absent his knowledge or input.

Of course, if the Seahawks didn't try some stupid pass play from the one yard line.... the Pats would have been the second best last year :)

lol I don't need an excuse to say the Pats are good. I've said it multiple times. They are a fantastic team. short of getting caught cheating... again... they were the best out there this past year. Which as I've said ticks me off even more. It's not like they are the Raiders just trying to do anything they can come up with to build some momentum. They are a damn good team, with one of the best QBs to ever throw a pigskin.
The funny part is the lovers who can't see the wrong doing. I'm basing my opinion not on the ESPN report, but the same information the NFL Commissioner is... The balls were indeed underinflated, and there are certain people who are involved in how the equipment is handled. Knowing how damn good Brady is, I don't believe there is any way in hell anything is done to those footballs absent his knowledge or input.

And once again you aren't showing evidence. Were they under inflated at the beginning of the game? Or where they a tick under at halftime? You dont believe anything was done to the balls on purpose or there is evidence they qere underinflated on purpose? You sound like Wells. He probably knew but i really have no clue. You have no clue what you are talking about. Typical headline reader.

And once again you aren't showing evidence. Were they under inflated at the beginning of the game? Or where they a tick under at halftime? You dont believe anything was done to the balls on purpose or there is evidence they qere underinflated on purpose? You sound like Wells. He probably knew but i really have no clue. You have no clue what you are talking about. Typical headline reader.

No one's denying that it's circumstantial. Doesn't mean it isn't true.

I've asked this before and it's an honest-to-goodness question. If what Brady allegedly did is no big deal and should have only been a $25k fine, why would the league come down on him and the team so hard? They would be smearing the best team over the last decade and the face of the league/best QB of all time. If it was no big deal, why not sweep it under the rug or give the team a slap on the wrist?

This is the part I just can't wrap my head around...

[...]This is the part I just can't wrap my head around...

It's not "The League". It's Goodell.

And this is a grandiose attempt to make up for his utterly FUBAR handling of the Ray Rice thing...

Cheers!

[edit] btw, does anyone believe Goodell did NOT SEE THAT TAPE?
I mean, it's clearly More Probable Than Not that he did, right? ;)

It's not "The League". It's Goodell.

And this is a grandiose attempt to make up for his utterly FUBAR handling of the Ray Rice thing...

Cheers!

[edit] btw, does anyone believe Goodell did NOT SEE THAT TAPE?
I mean, it's clearly More Probable Than Not that he did, right? ;)

He, by himself, can't be THAT inept. If he's trying to make up for the Ray rice thing, you come down hard on the next abuser, like he did on AP. You don't smear your golden goose. I don't believe he's quite that stupid.

Is goodell vs Kraft just the biggest pissing contest of all time? Thought they were, buddies?

He, by himself, can't be THAT inept. If he's trying to make up for the Ray rice thing, you come down hard on the next abuser, like he did on AP. You don't smear your golden goose. I don't believe he's quite that stupid.

But what is the real "golden goose" here? The Pats or the hatred 90% of the country already has for the Pats?

If your Roger Goodell and you're at just about the least popular point you could be at coming out of the Ray Rice disaster, what better way to get the country back on your side than to screw Belichick, Brady, and the Pats?

Look at the way the entire country is violently jerking off over the whole thing. We're talking about a couple fckuing footballs that were slightly flatter than they were supposed to be for half a blowout. (Again... The whole "11 of 12 balls were two lbs under" was a total bullshti story).... and this has been, by far, the biggest story in all of effin' sports for months now.

In addition... and like I was saying the other day... this has morphed into a opportunity for Goodell and the owners to gain significant powers under the CBA by setting a precedent in court (if they win) amd has nothing really to do with cellphones or any other bullshti.... and if you can rally 90% of the country behind you by dinging the most hated team the league.... and maybe even bring a little competitive equality to the league by benching Brady for a quarter of the season.... and you don't get why Goodell would be doing this??

You're largest TV market, New York, has been power circle jerking each other off for months over this.

In addition... and like I was saying the other day... this has morphed into a opportunity for Goodell and the owners to gain significant powers under the CBA by setting a precedent in court (if they win) amd has nothing really to do with cellphones or any other bullshti.... and if you can rally 90% of the country behind you by dinging the most hated team the league.... and maybe even bring a little competitive equality to the league by benching Brady for a quarter of the season.... and you don't get why Goodell would be doing this??

I agree with you on this, but the key phrase is "has morphed into" because it didn't seem like this was the plan in the beginning. Maybe I'm just naive about how dirty both sides can get in negotiating the CBA

And won't doling out punishments haphazardly and unevenly give the NFLPA leverage in changing the system in ways beneficial to the players rather than the league?

No, i think the plan at the beginning was "we might have something, anything, so let's fkcu em and win some brownie points with a ton of people".

Once things got rolling though, there wasn't a single person.... sorry... a sane person... who thought the four games was going to stick.

The league obviously knew they were going to court if they upheld any significant portion of the suspension and at that point, it became "hey... we might be able to win some permanent rights here by going to court".

What happened next? Four games for "likely being generally aware that someone may have taken a small amount of air out of a football".

Seriously??

Literally within days of Greg Hardy's suspension being reduced TO four games for beating women. It's basically making SURE they went to court.

In the mean time... you're starting to get cracks in the armor regarding how Goodell and the league manipulate the media to spin this and other stories to their benefit where they can:

http://deadspin.com/bill-polian-disagrees-with-bill-polians-insider-opinion-1633593081

http://nesn.com/2015/07/report-nfls-mike-kensil-source-for-original-incorrect-deflategate-report/

Bill Simmons called Goodell a liar... suspended by ESPN and now he's gone. Bill Simmons was a crown jewel over at ESPN with a huge following and the creator of Grantland and 30 for 30. Granted there was always some friction around artistic freedom abut the straw that broke the camels back was he called Goodell a lair. Didn't go on a long expletive-laced tirade... just called him a liar. Suspended and now gone.

The league and Goodell found the PERFECT click-bait topic... "The Pats cheated again!!!!" and the media and the league are milking it for every tiny penny they can regardless of what the actual truth is.

You Pats fans overestimate how much the rest of the country cares about this. Who gives a fcuk. You have the few loudmouths that continue to talk about Brady and his balls, but the rest of us don't care. It's the Pats fans that keep stoking this fire and keeping the story going.

Let him play, who cares. At least then when the Pats lose, there can't be an excuse of "Well it's because Brady was out 4 games and the rest of the world is out to "get" us."

You Pats fans overestimate how much the rest of the country cares about this. Who gives a fcuk.

It's been the lead story on every major sports news outlet for the last five months and the story gets about a billion clicks on very website that publishes a word about it. Apparently someone cares. If no one cared, the coverage would have ended a long time ago.

You Pats fans overestimate how much the rest of the country cares about this. Who gives a fcuk. You have the few loudmouths that continue to talk about Brady and his balls, but the rest of us don't care. It's the Pats fans that keep stoking this fire and keeping the story going.

Let him play, who cares. At least then when the Pats lose, there can't be an excuse of "Well it's because Brady was out 4 games and the rest of the world is out to "get" us."

Lol even if he does play, and they lose, they'll still find something to whine about with it. That's what Pats fans do. It'll be because of the stress put on the team pre season, or because they were more scrutinized this year and couldn't get away with some other form of cheating. Since everyone is so against them :(

:fro:

lol of course you don't whine when you win... you're like that little screaming, kicking, biting child in the store that finally shuts up and puts a smile on their face when they get the toy they wanted.

Packer fans are demonstrably stupid.
Get someone to read this for you and explain what it means...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ate-fireworks-drugs_55bd5012e4b0b23e3ce308c5?

Cheers!

lol That came out of no where.. why you calling out Packers fans?

oh gee.. there are other infractions going on in the league. To include the murderer from the Pats. Which we've all already talked about, and we've all already said are a different situation. but thank you for pointing out, again, that other pwayers do bad stuff *sniffle sniffle*

lol That came out of no where.. why you calling out Packers fans?

Because y'all's heads are obviously made of cheese.

oh gee.. there are other infractions going on in the league. To include the murderer from the Pats. Which we've all already talked about, and we've all already said are a different situation. but thank you for pointing out, again, that other pwayers do bad stuff *sniffle sniffle*

Yeah, see, if you had someone explain it to you, you'd get it...

Cheers!

haha coming from a Pats fan? Doesn't mean a thing. and nope.. not a Pack fan. There is this thing called a career.. and sometimes people have to move for them.

Besides.. how can you guys go and make assumptions about something?

Assumptions are the very heart of your argument against Brady's suspension. It's believed by people who's entire life is football, and not 100% provable, so you shouldn't think it.

Latest posts

Back