Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it wrong for me to wish Joe Theisman and Matt Millen would lose their voices on Sundays, Mondays, & Thursdays during football season.

If you handed Theismann a celery stick, he would speak into it.

Millen was arguably the worst team president in modern NFL history, with the Detroit Lions.

Theismann and Millen talk in so many circles, they ought to be broadcasting from a Ferris wheel. They say too much to say too little; in fact, they will say stuff that contradicts stuff they said earlier.

There was one good part. :D
[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4802d/Seymour-gets-ejected-after-Steelers-TD"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4802d/Seymour-gets-ejected-after-Steelers-TD[/ame]

He got ejected and he'll be fined and probably suspended, but it'd still be worth it.

Ugh. Nobody likes the sissy QB roughing penalties. The Seahawks just experienced a potential two td swing before halftime on a particularly lame example.

Just got in from Jerry World watching the Cowboys-Lions game. The thing that impressed me the most about the game was John Kitna. That guy scrambled for 2 first downs and a touchdown. The Dallas defense in general sucked as well as the "O" line. Kitna was playing to win. He didn't have to take those risks and he's still QB until Romo gets back. He's not playing for a starting job next year. Maybe, unlike most of the rest of the Cowboys, "He got heart".

I loved the stuff the announcers were saying about how Dallas is looking good again. How they are on the way back, etc.

Does anyone realize they were playing the LIONS??

Yes, the only team that a winless Bill could beat! Hell, they could make the runners-up of the parapalegic league look good!

Does Leslie Frazer sit him down, though? The season's over. Favre's not being asked back next year. Don't they need to see if Tavaris Jackson *is* good enough to be their starting QB next season?

You know what they should do? Game 300. Let Favre start. He takes the snap, takes a knee. Comes off the field, takes off his uniform and goes home. Let's cheapen that record just like Michael Strahan's sack.

How awesome is it that the Packers get two coaches fired in one year? Any other teams claim that?

Two games in a row no less... I wonder if Mike Smith should be worried ;)

Favre looks like a beaten puppy (or a punted kitten). However, I do take some joy in the fact that he will end his career an over-the-hill wash-out. I thought he would be last year, but I got my wish one year removed.

New England Patriots <---- going to absolutely freakin own everyone this year and if you don't think that's the case... you're stupid.

There.... now you know. :rockin:
Patriots defense: B+

Tom Brady has nice girl hair, though. He has better hair than his supermodel wife and his illegitimate baby momma Moynihan too.

This team hasn't done very much since they were busted for "spygate."

Okay, now you say, "they only got busted for doing something that every team does." Yes, yes. Okay. That's why they were 19-0 in 2006 before being caught in spygate...and then got their asses beat by THE GIANTS.

And how many other teams--since everyone does the video spying--how many other teams have been nailed for the same thing?

None.

Pats going down. Great offense, good but not great D. Maybe next year.

Okay, now you say, "they only got busted for doing something that every team does." Yes, yes. Okay. That's why they were 19-0 in 2006 before being caught in spygate...and then got their asses beat by THE GIANTS.

LOL!!! Thanks for making yourself look like a clown on your own. It's saves me some typing.

At least the avatar is accurate.

Cripes, it's like going to a comedy club and hearing nothing but mother-in-law jokes. Don't you have any NEW material?

You might want to Google your timeline before posting next time, too. Pats' undefeated regular season was 2007, AFTER Spygate. Asses beat? One catch by a dude that never caught another pass in the NFL. We got outplayed, absolutely, but asses beat?

Seriously, though... I mean, I know it sucks to be losing to Philly and the Cowboys (instead of beating the Steelers and the Colts), but if you're THAT hard up for original material, I don't know what to tell you.

LOL!!! Thanks for making yourself look like a clown on your own. It's saves me some typing.

At least the avatar is accurate.

Okay, so Spygate was 2007 and the 2008 Superbowl. See, my data is more recent now, per your request. Pats going nowhere. I don't think they can beat the Jets in the division, first off. Deion Branch ain't Randy Moss either.

Good luck, cheating Patriots. Your best shot is to fire up the video crew again and hope you don't get caught again!

Singletary has the best Youtube press conferences. What a hot-headed idiot. He inspires nobody. He was a great, great LB but he was always a hotdog. It's all about him.

man i was so pissed when manning threw that pick. that would have been hilarious.

good god that minnesota game was hilarious. i hope brett plays every last humiliating second as a viking.

I bet he'll play to game 300, then retire. He has nothing left to play for this season. The vikings really suck (they always did). I'm sure glad he isn't a Packer any longer. Thompson/McCarthy did the right thing about 3 years ago and shipped him out to be someone else's problem.

I don't think the problem is Favre e-mailing penis pictures--I think the problem is that 3 out of 10 of those e-mails keep getting intercepted by H.R.

Here's to a happy Thanksgiving :mug:

and by "happy" I mean "one where the cowgirls get their asses kicked".

If by "asses kicked," you mean coming back from a 17-0 deficit to lose by three with a last minute field goal miss deciding the game, they yeah, they got their asses kicked.

-Not a fan, just like a good game.

Happy Turkey Day to all.

Man, for a minute there the Pats didnt look insanely awesome.... But then they did again.

Yeah, for a second Patrick Chung SS Pats (OR Ducks) didn't look so great, then on the next play he did. Other than that,...

Eff the Patriots.

It just occurred to me that most of you don't have NFLN to watch the Jets beat the Bengals. The only good thing about Dish Network, the unexpected appearance of the Thursday night games, at no extra $.

Enjoy feeling stuffed without FB to watch.

I'm pullin' down the kinda paycheck that allows me to splurge for the extra $3 a month for it on Comcast. So I watched it... at least the first half or so. Once the Bengals starting imploding I bailed.

If by "asses kicked," you mean coming back from a 17-0 deficit to lose by three with a last minute field goal miss deciding the game, they yeah, they got their asses kicked.

Yeah, they didn't get blown out, but after mounting that great comeback, they choked. Which is even better. :D

How awesome is it that the Packers get two coaches fired in one year? Any other teams claim that?

Word.

Antlata's coach is probably safe, but we have the 49ers and the Kittens the two weeks after that. Then we face the Patriots and we'll see just how much "unadulterated awesomeness" the Pats can bring to the party...

Go, Pack! GO!

Latest posts

Back