Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PETA's going to be pissed.

Michael-Mike Vick *has* to be the leading candidate for MVP now, doesn't he? Assuming he continues to play at a high level through the rest of the season. Dude has the highest QB rating in the league, hasn't thrown a goddamn interception all season, averaging 7.8 yards per rush (with four rushing TDs)... I mean, other than the fact he didn't start the season immediately and got hurt for a couple games, no one in the league has been better.

Philly's leading the NFC East, and I can't think of a team in that conference that scares me more.

Gotta be Vick. Forget Clay Matthews, forget Arian Foster, forget Philip Rivers... it's Michael-Mike Vick.

I couldn't agree more. My wife got pissed at me last night when I said that too.

Funny how animal cruelty gets people so worked up (as it should) yet the killing of other humans gets a pass.

There are two people in the NFL right now who drove drunk and killed another human, yet each did far less prison time than Vick. And then you have Ray Lewis.

Who else other than Stallworth? And in Stallworths defense, the report said that even if he wasn't drunk he would have still hit the guy. Hell if he was sober and the exact same thing happened there would not have been any charges filed at all.

Who else other than Stallworth? And in Stallworths defense, the report said that even if he wasn't drunk he would have still hit the guy. Hell if he was sober and the exact same thing happened there would not have been any charges filed at all.
leonard_little1.jpg

True enough.

I don't think Vick should've been allowed back in the NFL and I'd be just fine with those people being banned too, especially Ray Lewis.

Driving drunk is stupid, but what Vick did was intentional cruelty. To me, that goes beyond driving drunk and causing a fatal accident. Both are worth serious penalties though.

I understand people's "he paid his dues and deserves to start a new life" argument, but how many people get out of prison and are handed millions of dollars? IMHO, he should have gotten his second chance doing something else, not playing in the NFL.

Yeah, I used to think the same thing. I love dogs, possibly more than just about anyone. But after a while I really came to realize a few things.

1- He served his time and that time was much much much more than anyone else would have had for the same crime.

2- He came from pretty much a completely different culture. The way he grew up there was nothing wrong with that and no one thought anything of it. The same can be said about hunting. Many people thing it is terrible and cruel but many other people were raised around it and it is perfectly normal to them.

Just because you might have a problem with something or find something to be wrong or immoral doesn't mean it really is. Just because people in Korea and other areas of Asia eat dogs, does that make them evil? To people in India the cow is look at almost as a religious figure. Does it make us in this country evil and destined to hell because we eat beef? Muslims (many at least) don't eat pork, but does that make people that do evil?

It all just comes down to perspective and point of view. Everyone has their own, and if everyone was right, then everyone would be wrong.

I don't think Vick should've been allowed back in the NFL and I'd be just fine with those people being banned too, especially Ray Lewis.

Can you name either of the two Sheck mentions? How about other players with habitual abuse patterns or domestic abuse problems. How about assaults, robberies, drugs, drug sales, etc... the list goes on. People in today's society are more worried about a couple of dogs than the average human. I can't stand that.

Driving drunk is stupid, but what Vick did was intentional cruelty. To me, that goes beyond driving drunk and causing a fatal accident. Both are worth serious penalties though.

I punted a kitten yesterday and it felt great. Should I be able to work in my profession today???

Oh, I was just joking. I actually drank a fifth of vodka and got into a 2-ton mechanized weapon and killed a family. Whew. I thought I seriously screwed up, but the kitten punt was just a dream.

I understand people's "he paid his dues and deserves to start a new life" argument, but how many people get out of prison and are handed millions of dollars? IMHO, he should have gotten his second chance doing something else, not playing in the NFL.

How about, go to prison, be shamed in front of the nation, be protested for the rest of your life, and go bankrupt. All while existing in the same league as several actually bad people, who will never be scrutinized or criticized nearly as much. The dude is still paying his dues.

I am not saying what he did was right or that you can't hate him for it. I just think the reaction of the world is crazy blown out of proportion.

How do you feel about the rest of the world? Do you hate all middle eastern people, how about Indians? Because last time I checked much of the world treats dogs like animals and kills them because they are pests, or even *gasp* for sport. They even eat them in some places.... The Horror!

I don't mean to mock, but this topic gets my feathers riled up. human on human crime >> animal crime in my book.

WHOAAAAAAAAA WHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA

WTF is it with everyone this past week or two?!?1 Sweet mutha!!! This isn't the "Let's get all pissy with each other while we debate off-topic stuff debate thread".

Focus on the important stuff... the pure, unadulterated, awesomeness of the Patriots.

The most heated debate we should be having on this thread is who has dreamier locks... Brady or Clay Mathews... and really... there's no contest. Anyone who says Mathews is obviosuly stupid.

I understand people's "he paid his dues and deserves to start a new life" argument, but how many people get out of prison and are handed millions of dollars?
True but how many lost ~$100M by going to jail? When he went to jail he had the biggest contract in the NFL @ $130M and he had to pay $20M of the signing bonus back to Falcons.

I wanted him strung up by his jewels when it first happened but I've changed my mind a little.

EDIT: And Polamalu's locks blow Bradys/Mathews lock away.
EDIT2: Puppy punting is way better than kitten punting because they'll still come back for another punt. Kittens run away.

Focus on the important stuff... the pure, unadulterated, awesomeness of the Patriots.

The most heated debate we should be having on this thread is who has dreamier locks... Brady or Clay Mathews... and really... there's no contest. Anyone who says Mathews is obviosuly stupid.

Now that's ironic.

They both need to get damn haircuts.

i used to think this way, but this is our system. you commit a crime, you pay a punishment, that's it. further punishment would be just that, further punishment.

if you think animal cruelty should carry a stiffer penalty, well there are places to discuss that. but it has nothing to do with what someone should be able to do after they paid their debt.

also, i'm with cape on kitten-punting. altho i prefer liquid nitrogen and a brick wall....

Brady looks like a damn Chimo with that hair and half beard. Mathews just looks like he's coming to f#ck you up.

Palamalu is the clear champion in the "hair doesn't fit the occupation" category.

Ok... let's see what they have workin' cause a the locks...

Here's Troy with his wife...

Clay with his... ummm.. "friend"

and Tom with his wife.

ehhhh... Brady in a landslide... and it is 99% hair related.

troy.JPG

clay.JPG

tom.JPG

See, I can see defensive guys like Palamalu having hair like that hanging out of his helmet. What gets me are the running backs that do it. I wouldn't want to be the guy being tackled and give them something like that to grab on to! Someday, someone's going to get a hold of Tim Hightower's braids and take his head right off.

Yeah, I dunno. I was comparing which one was able to pull the hottest tail. You're just straight up picking who you think is the hottest. And I... Uhhhh. Will leave that debate to you to decide.

"deadly animal"???

Ehhhh...

Al Harris released to the wild. By Al. We will miss you I am sure.

That one surprised me a little. I guess he hadn't come back the way he thought he had. I don't think anyone has picked him up yet either. Bummer. It's funny, I remember him saying at the beginning of last season that he thought it would be his last year in Green Bay. Odd how that prophecy has come true.

I think we should all place bets on if No. 4 gives up the ghost after a loss to the Packers next week.

I bet that if they lose and drop to 3-7, Old-greybeard will call it a career.

As much as I would love that, I bet it doesn't happen. When (& yeah, I'm pretty confident on that) the Viqueens lose on Sunday, he'll have a 2-2 record against GB. If he retires right after losing, it'll be the same as admitting that the Packers were right to not let his sorry ass back in after he retired the first time. It'll be a loss to Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson for which he won't be able to shift the blame onto coaches, the rest of his team or his no-fly jeans. That turd will drive the Viqueens right into the mud with him. Fortunately for us Packers fans, that's right where they belong... The only caveat is if Clay and Charles level Brent's ass. That is something I so desperately want to see...

His record against the Pack is irrelevant; he ain't playing them again. Vikings aren't making the playoffs, and Favre isn't playing next season, not in Minnesota, not anywhere. He's D-O-N-E, it's just a matter of if he plays through week 16 or takes early retirement.

After the **** he's put the Vikings through this season (after how his Packers tenure ended, and the disaster with the JETS), name me a GM or a coach that wants Favre on their team.

Who the **** is Bret Lockett? I read pretty much everything that's on the Boston Globe and ESPNBoston and Patriots blogs, and I'm not sure I've ever heard this dude's name.

EDIT:
Lockett wrote 'Go Patrits' on the back pocket of jeans he designed for his nephew at the 77kids by American Eagle denim-decorating booth during last week's Elizabeth Glaser Kids for Kids Celebrity Carnival. He laughed off the gaffe with pals at the benefit for pediatric AIDS research

Raising money for pediatric AIDS research! What a tool! :rolleyes:

As much as I would love that, I bet it doesn't happen. When (& yeah, I'm pretty confident on that) the Viqueens lose on Sunday, he'll have a 2-2 record against GB. If he retires right after losing, it'll be the same as admitting that the Packers were right to not let his sorry ass back in after he waffled the third time. It'll be a loss to Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson for which he won't be able to shift the blame onto coaches, the rest of his team or his no-fly jeans. That turd will drive the Viqueens right into the mud with him. Fortunately for us Packers fans, that's right where they belong... The only caveat is if Clay and Charles level Brent's ass. That is something I so desperately want to see...

Fixed that for ya. Or was it four under GB watch?

Brady has no locks in that pic Cape posted. We all knew Brady had the hotter SWMBO but not because of the hair. She said it was because of his nice butt...for a chin.

That one surprised me a little. I guess he hadn't come back the way he thought he had. I don't think anyone has picked him up yet either. Bummer. It's funny, I remember him saying at the beginning of last season that he thought it would be his last year in Green Bay. Odd how that prophecy has come true.

Um, he played Sunday for the Dolphins.

Fixed that for ya. Or was it four under GB watch?

The waffling was one thing. Actually retiring and then trying to muscle back in was another. I don't know how many times he couldn't make up his mind. I just thought he handled things poorly when the Pack told him "thanks but no thanks."

I know one day they're going to put him on the ring of honor, and I know he'll have his number retired and he will take his rightful place in the Packers hall of fame. I just still feel a little raw over the whole deal. I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that he went to the Viqueens.

Stupid Viqueens. :mad:

me and my gf got seats to the pats colts game this weekend!!!! Gfs a colts fan and im a pats Fan! Best early christmas present ever! :rockin:

Latest posts

Back