Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently went salmon fishing with Ed Hearn of the '86 World Champion Mets. Pretty funny guy. He had some interesting insight about that team and that particular game. He said it was the worse group of guys he's ever been around in his life..."The Bad Guys Won" great book. A lot of the information in that book comes from him.

Wow. Too bad you didn't post any pics of that trip. It would have made the level with which none of us care that much more poignant.

I have no idea if Russell Wilson actually sucks. WTF do you think I am doing? Sitting around and watching freakin Seahawks games? I have a life contrary to how looks by my HBT post-count. I am just going by the Seahawks being ranked, I think 30th in passing yards and Wilson, I think, being ranked 30 in rating and ESPN's cool little QBR thingy. I have seen one highlight of his and it was a desperation heav into the end zone that was picked off, even after his receiver blatantly pushed off. I have seen more video of his pyscho wife at te draft than of him playing and just figure, he plays for the Seahawks... How good can he really be?

I have no idea if Russell Wilson actually sucks. WTF do you think I am doing? Sitting around and watching freakin Seahawks games? I have a life contrary to how looks by my HBT post-count. I am just going by the Seahawks being ranked, I think 30th in passing yards and Wilson, I think, being ranked 30 in rating and ESPN's cool little QBR thingy. I have seen one highlight of his and it was a desperation heav into the end zone that was picked off, even after his receiver blatantly pushed off. I have seen more video of his pyscho wife at te draft than of him playing and just figure, he plays for the Seahawks... How good can he really be?

That's what I'm sayin', few, if anyone, outside of the Seattle area has seen anything from RW and Golden Gate other than that one highlight. What we have to go on are the stats, and based on that, there's nothing impressive.
From what I understand, RW has the potential to be a good QB in the NFL, but that's next to meaningless. He replaced a guy that they said the same thing about when the Queens drafted him. Cr@p, a guy they said that about several years ago (think same draft as Eli Manning) was just sentenced to 5+ for drug and burglary charges. People swore Cade McNown (who? EXACTLY) was the next Sid Luckman when we drafted that clown. As of today, week 6 of his career, Russell Wilson has won two games, lost two, and was part of the luckiest break in recent history. Not impressed.

you are hard to impress then. But. then again you've admitted you haven't watched him, so why you're making a judgement is beyond me..

you are hard to impress then. But. then again you've admitted you haven't watched him, so why you're making a judgement is beyond me..

Not hard to impress at all. He's ranked #27 with a passer rating rating of 75. That sucks. Compared to Brady, #4 with a rating of 102. I'm also not overly impressed with my team's QB, #21 with a rating of 78. It's not about being hard to impress, it's about stats man. Based on the stats, RW isn't even all that good, $hitty O line or not.
Like I said before, I've never really watched RW, but I do understand that he has a lot of potential. I'm guessing the reason that people say that is, despite his poor stats, he shows moments of greatness. Maybe that'll turn into something, or maybe he'll be the next Tavaris Jackson.

half of his incompletions are actually from him wisely throwing the ball away because the line can't pass block. That's just one example....there are tons more. I'll leave you to them for I could care less about your thoughts on the rookie. He's going to beat NE on Sunday and that'll be enough.

half of his incompletions are actually from him wisely throwing the ball away because the line can't pass block. That's just one example....there are tons more. I'll leave you to them for I could care less about your thoughts on the rookie. He's going to beat NE on Sunday and that'll be enough.

The same could be said for a good number of the QB's out there. As for the line, that's just an excuse, he's s'posedly a mobile QB. Stats aren't the be all and end all, but they surely tell more of the story that "half his incompletions are intentional and his O line sucks".

The same could be said for a good number of the QB's out there. As for the line, that's just an excuse, he's s'posedly a mobile QB. Stats aren't the be all and end all, but they surely tell more of the story that "half his incompletions are intentional and his O line sucks".

false...you are just plain wrong

Niners a chance for some revenge against the NY Giants on Sunday, SF Giants opening up the NLCS, and possibly the A's opening up the ALCS. Life is ****ing good.

Niners a chance for some revenge against the NY Giants on Sunday, SF Giants opening up the NLCS, and possibly the A's opening up the ALCS. Life is ****ing good.

in San Fransisco? Better grab your bukkake goggles as Cape would say. The streets are going to be covered in cum

in San Fransisco? Better grab your bukkake goggles as Cape would say. The streets are going to be covered in cum

I may have had to go wash my hand after Buster Posey hit that grand salami off that piece of **** cock sucker Mat Latos.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Well played, you! :fro:

I can't wait to play the bears again in Chicago again... Jesus can we get a home game with you guys. Cutler is going to be there right I don't want to play your Waterboy again.

I can't wait to play the bears again in Chicago again... Jesus can we get a home game with you guys. Cutler is going to be there right I don't want to play your Waterboy again.

Huh, maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but aren't we playing in Seattle this year? Isn't that where you guys have the advantage? I'd love it if that was a home game, December on Lake Michigan, raining ice and windy. Take that over the bang box in Seattle any day. That said, I'm sure the Bear's defense will negate the 12th man early on.
I may not have seen any of Russell Wilson's "good plays", but I've surely seen every down played by the Bears this year, I don't care where ya play, that defense is gonna f**k some $hit up on Sunday. BTW, our "water boy" is Jason Campbell, I would say from what I've seen, Wilson is similar to a younger Campbell. Doesn't look too good for you guys on the 2nd day of December this year.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Huh, maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but aren't we playing in Seattle this year? Isn't that where you guys have the advantage? I'd love it if that was a home game, December on Lake Michigan, raining ice and windy. Take that over the bang box in Seattle anyway. That said, I'm sure the Bear's defense will negate the 12th man early on.
I may not have seen any of Russell Wilson's "good plays", but I've surely seen every down played by the Bears this year, I don't care where ya play, that defense is gonna f**k some $hit up on Sunday.

Maybe I'm wrong I thought we had you guys at your home again this year I'll check.

Woh. Had to go back 9 pages to ketchup fom yesterday. Some people 'round here didn't earn their paycheck today. I'll be back with 6 responses just to annoy our northern AZ member :p

DesertBrew said:
Woh. Had to go back 9 pages to ketchup fom yesterday. Some people 'round here didn't earn their paycheck today. I'll be back with 6 responses just to annoy our northern AZ member :p

Can't like on my phone

LOL!!! "Stock" in the Packers!? What kinda jamoke buys fake stock in the Packers!?

#2 evening post - Me. Because it's about 1.5x the price of a worthless jersey of some dude who ends up being a ****** later in life you wish you never owned.

Back