Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe Buck fan? That guy should drink himself to death like his father did.

Who's more of a gravy trainer? Joe Buck, Thom Brenaman, or Skip Carry?

And Collingsworth should DIAF - I still remember him telling Joe Montana "to step out of the way" when Ron #$&%!@%$# Powlus threw 4 TDs in his first start at Notre Dame.

Wikileak investigations identified Clay Mathews in the same facility the day Braun took his test. All results tested positive that day from his very presence, so the whole lot was stricken from the books.

Had to throw a football comment in there. I don't know squat about the tests but going from "insane levels" to normal in 2 weeks seems a bit odd. But maybe not. With insane levels you'd think his girlfriends vag was flaming sore to the touch and/or random people were getting their azz kicked by Braun that week.

Who's more of a gravy trainer? Joe Buck, Thom Brenaman, or Skip Carry?

And Collingsworth should DIAF - I still remember him telling Joe Montana "to step out of the way" when Ron #$&%!@%$# Powlus threw 4 TDs in his first start at Notre Dame.

Wow that is a list packed full of announcer suckage. Collinsworth is Collinsworth's biggest fan. I can't stand that guy. He still hates the Niners for Joe owning his bengals in the final 2 minutes of the greatest super bowl ever played.

49ers look like a lock for the Super Bowl next year, once they sign either M. Wallace or V. Jackson in about a month. Sorry about your team though.

PA49erFan21 said:
49ers look like a lock for the Super Bowl next year, once they sign either M. Wallace or V. Jackson in about a month. Sorry about your team though.

Lock I'd the Super Bowl was between the teams in the NFC west.

Nah vincent Jackson wants to play with a quarterback who can actually through the ball. He will get his money in San Diego.

Randall said:
Nah vincent Jackson wants to play with a quarterback who can actually through the ball. He will get his money in San Diego.

Ha ha yeah, Alex smith is a joke for the amount of money he,s been pAid.

So, no comments about the "Tastefully Named" Gregg Williams' bounty pool? How hard is the NFL going to come down on the Saints; they've done nothing for the past two years except talk about player safety (and fining guys like James Harrison thousands and thousands of dollars), and you've got a head coach and organization that is actively pushing its players to injure their opponents.

I'm sure they aren't the only team in NFL history to do this.

I doubt they're the only team that has some kind of "bounty" system (although I suspect it's the kind of thing that's maintained by the players, not the coaches).

But, the only people I know of who actively root for their opponents to get hurt are 49er fans.

Ya know every team has some sort of incentive. A lot of the retired defensive players were stating on twitter this wasn't anything new, the only difference is it leaked outside of the locker room.

I don't thing it would be as bad as they're trying to make it out to be if the name wasn't the "bounty system".

It's football. There's supposed to be contact...

Ohhhhhh. So now eeeeeeeeveryone is doing it!?!

Bullst!!! That didn't fly for the Pats and using a video camera instead of a notepad. Eff the Saints. I want draft picks. I want a half million dollar fine. I want to hear everyone cry liike little btchs for years.

The guy systematically and deliverately broke a clear-as-day rule over a period of years.

String the fcker up.

After the Bilicheat tapes leaked, nobody came out and said everyone was doing it. (Is there any correlation to winning Super Bowls and not having voyeur tapes to scout anymore Cape?)

This, on the other hand, has been backed by retired players as a way of life in the NFL.

I could care less about the NOLA Saints, but they'll get hit hard because some ******* opened his mouth.

Bllsht. A number of coaches including Brian Billick and Jimmy Johnson came out and said that teams stole signs all the time.

Have a little more selective memory... Or do you just not know what you're talking about?

Bllsht. A number of coaches including Brian Billick and Jimmy Johnson came out and said that teams stole signs all the time.

Have a little more selective memory... Or do you just not know what you're talking about?

Stole signs, yes.

Had a paid employee whose sole job was to keep the camera rolling on the coaches relaying in the signs. Ahh, no!

Nothing that New England did or did not do was designed to deliberately injure an opponent. "Spygate" is a red herring.

Making the other guy hurt is part of football; making the other guy unable to play should not be.

Nothing that New England did or did not do was designed to deliberately injure an opponent. "Spygate" is a red herring.

Making the other guy hurt is part of football; making the other guy unable to play should not be.

I'm with ya on the unable to play part. Targeting someone to intentially knock them out of the game is BS, but putting up an incentive for the number of legal hits in the game on a certain player including sacks or tackles for loss shouldn't be frowned upon.

Another red herring. That's not what New Orleans has been accused of, at least in the reports I have read. The bounties were payable when players were knocked out of the game.

Agreed - the reports I've read specifically mentioned higher payouts for sending guys back to the locker room, and even higher if they had to be carted off the field.

Now, you CAN hit a guy perfectly cleanly and perfectly legally and he can still wind up carted off the field. But I suspect that's not quite the spirit of the program.

I mean, does that not piss you off as a fan? I don't like seeing Peyton Manning watching from the sidelines. I like seeing him get sacked, but you want to beat the other team's best players. Never like seeing a guy get injured.

As a fan I'm realistic and know this goes on in just about every team. I understand the gamesmanship of not intentionally injuring another person, or aiming specifically for a knee. But lets be realistic, every time you play defense in football your goal is to hurt your opponent. The harder you hit the less hard he'll play against you, the more turnovers, better stats you will have. You target arms, knees, shoulders etc to cause pain and make them not play in the game anymore. To intentionally end a career is different from knocking a player out of a game. As terrible as this sounds everyone knows the goal is to knock out your opponent for the game or hurt him so he isn't as effective.

I mean, does that not piss you off as a fan? I don't like seeing Peyton Manning watching from the sidelines. I like seeing him get sacked, but you want to beat the other team's best players. Never like seeing a guy get injured.

that's a red herring.

So do you believe that is the reason the league implemented such rules as the defenseless receiver and the guidelines as to where you can tackle the QB?

i just sold my bike :(

motobrewer is moto-less.

Awww... so sad

moto.jpg

Luckily Cape knows how to keep his thread on course. Otherwise you f*ckers are steering this towards getting moved to the debate forum by the mod.

One thing I thought was interesting - ESPN had an opinion poll earlier today to see if people thought all teams had similar programs, most teams had similar programs, or only some teams had similar programs. They even had a state by state breakdown.

No state seemed to believe all teams had similar programs.

But MA, VT, WI, MN, IN, and the Dakotas were the only states that predominantly believed that only some teams had similar programs. So, the homes of a few of the most highly respected franchises, plus the Dakotas, believed that most teams aren't all that dirty.

Just thought that was interesting.

Back