Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so how is that a reflection of his "self worth"???

So he thinks the Pats are going to win out because they have an easy schedule... so... that somehow means that he thinks he, personally, is "greater" than he actually is??

WTF are you even talking about???

so how is that a reflection of his "self worth"???

So he thinks the Pats are going to win out because they have an easy schedule... so... that somehow means that he thinks he, personally, is "greater" than he actually is??

WTF are you even talking about???

Just do us all a favor and smile and nod.

not his self-worth, the patriots' self worth. let me rephrase:

ah, there's the cheatriot fans' oblivious sense of how good their team is!

anyway, not today cape, I got too much work to do. later.

wow!! i just looked at your schedule - i rescind all previous comments. i thought our schedule was easy! so, billy's cheating on the scheduling now, eh?

"I got too much work today"... pfft... please Moto... I think folks can wait another 30 seconds for their chicken nuggets.

clay.jpg

Hmmm.... I don't think I would have guessed this at all...

Points per game allowed: Pats are tied for 12th in the NFL with.... The Jets.

For a defense that is suposed to be the worst in the history of the NFL and another that is supposed to be an "elite D"... I wouldn't have guessed they were giving up the same points-per-game.

... there's a lot of Packers fans around here. A lot of Packers fans who like to talk **** about the Pats.

Packers defense has been nearly identically as terrible as the Pats' this year.

Yards per game; Pats allowed 412 (last), Packers allow 400 (30th).
Points per game; Pats allow 22.2, Packers allow 22.4
Rushing average; Pats allow 4.3/carry, Packers allow 4.6
Rushing yards per game; Pats allow 103, Packers allow 100
Passing yards per game; Pats allow 309 (last), Packers allow 300 (31st)
Sacks; Pats have 21, Packers have 19 (and 'Dre Carter has 3x as many as 'Roid Matthews)
Picks; Pats have 12, Packers have 16 (best in the league)

Last two games, Patriots allowed 16 points to the Jets and 24 to the Giants. They've only given up more than 25 points once all season.

Packers, last two games they allowed 38 points to San Diego (with a terrible Philip Rivers, aka "Bum Philip") and 27 to the Vikings. Three games this season giving up more than 25 points.

So, if you want to talk smack about the Pats defense, just keep in mind that for all intents and purposes you're talking smack about the Packers' D as well. Oh, and the Pats' D has been showing signs of getting better. Not sure that's the case in Green Bay.

Quote of the year!

The colorful quotes in the Jets-Patriots rivalry typically are supplied by Rex Ryan, but the roles were reversed after Sunday night's blowout win by New England.

As the usually reserved Patriots coach Bill Belichick walked off the MetLife Stadium field, he threw his arm around his son, Stephen, and added an exclamation mark to the 37-16 victory.

"Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---," he said, according to the New York Post.

The remark just adds to the humiliating defeat the Patriots handed the Jets. The man in the hoodie doesn't deliver gems like that to the press, but he clearly relished in beating the brash-talking Ryan and the Jets.

Belichick was asked about the comment Monday morning on WFAN.

"Any conversations I had privately I'll keep private," he said.

EDIT: Oh, this is good, too:

[ame]http://youtu.be/eWS_PUBzv4Y[/ame]

"Hey Rex, Belichick is better than you.”

YEAH!!! What Bird said!!!

And just to rephrase what Bird was saying... any Packer fans that want to knock on the Pats D is just showing their oblivious sense of how good their team is!

According to the New York Post, Belichick said to his son, “Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---."

You would think Bellychick would have waited until he and his son were alone before he told him to give him a knobber. For the Patriots fans, from the outside looking in, incest seems to be a strange way to celebrate.

Here's something related to the Pats' secondary, for better or for worse (gotta be worse)

With all the high draft picks spend by New England on their secondary (Merriweather, Darius Butler, Ras-IR Dowling, Chung, et al), the guys who actually played defensive back last night?

Kyle Arrington: undrafted
Sterling Moore: undrafted
James Ihedigbo: undrafted
Antwan Molden: 3rd round pick (Houston)
Phillip Adams: 7th round pick (San Fran)
Ross Ventrone: undrafted
Julian Edelman: 7th round pick, albeit a wide receiver

EDIT: Oh, an McCourty (1st round), but he was gone pretty early. It was basically all undrafted/barely-drafted guys out there all night.

PPG, QB TD/INT ratio and defensive picks is really the only difference between Pats & Packers. Packers have more offensive options.

Luckily (hopefully) defense usually starts tightening up later in the season.

I have to say, I really, REALLY want the Pack to go 18-0 and meet New England in the Super Bowl. This place would ****ing explode into a new dimension.

I have to say, I really, REALLY want the Pack to go 18-0 and meet New England in the Super Bowl. This place would ****ing explode into a new dimension.

Plus you'd get the added bonus to rub more **** into Favres face. :D

Plus you'd get the added bonus to rub more **** into Favres face. :D
I would almost want this, just to shut the stupid as$ Dolphin players that we have to listen to every year the eff up! I'm a huge Cowboys fan, but I can honestly say this Packer team is unstoppable! Got to give the Pack props this year! If Cowboys cant make it, go Pack, go NFC.

hm, might be time for recap:

Cape b*tched about the patriots defense.

then bird decided to use the opportunity to attack packer fans (who, btw, said nothing about the patriots defense), while simultaneously admitting that "dre carter" is on steroids and not clay matthews

exceeeeeeppt - the_genius is comparing:

1. two defenses who haven't played the same number of games. Seriously, is cheating so inbred in boston that you don't even realize when you're doing it?

2. two defenses who haven't been in the same situations. Packers have gone up big early on teams, so they've played a softer defense. Pats have been in tighter games, not to mention losing 3. Their defense has had to play tougher.

3. He left out the most important stat: 9-0 v 6-3. Also 8-1, 49ers. Right now, Pats are worse than the 49ers. And Pittsburgh. And Houston. And New Orleans. Enjoy that.

If only the_beaner knew something about football. also if he knew how to read, he'd understand pack fans are just as concerned about their defense.

It's good to play @ home after 1 mo away. Even better to be at a bar in MN watching (only good thing).

The Colts aren't going to win a game, which is deliciously ironic given how they basically tanked their opportunity to go undefeated a few seasons back.

Packers will lose one game. Not sure which. It may not be one of the tough games (Detroit or Chicago); any team can get caught in a trap game. May depend a little on whether San Fran loses another game or not; if they've got homefield locked up in Week 15 or 16, they may let up a little, keep some guys out, etc.

It's a lot easier to see Green Bay get caught in a trap game than to imagine how Indy could possibly beat ANYONE. Have they even been competitive in any games this year? At least when Miami was getting the snot beat out of them, they were still playing hard and competitive.

uh, yeah, everything dataz bets against is a dead lock.

I've done pretty decent this year actually.

It's a lot easier to see Green Bay get caught in a trap game than to imagine how Indy could possibly beat ANYONE. Have they even been competitive in any games this year? At least when Miami was getting the snot beat out of them, they were still playing hard and competitive.

Don't worry, they still play Baltimore. I would bet they win that one.

My prediction for the rest of the Ravens season is that they will sweep cinci, beat the 9ers but get swept by the browns and lose to the colts. Depending on if san diego turns things around they will lose to them to.

:(

Dataz... dataz... dataz... allllllllways looking on the bad side of things. Alllllways gotta be the glass-is-half-empty guy.

look on the bright side!! At least you have the 26th ranked QB in the league comin' back next year. That's good right?!?

Right behind Matt Cassell and Kyle Orton!

Good news is that Flacco's got the third-most passing attempts in the league this season, so he's getting plenty of practice.

Oh I think Cinci is going to take at least one from Baltimore. I picked Cinci this week. I am winning my pickems soo...

Oh I think Cinci is going to take at least one from Baltimore. I picked Cinci this week. I am winning my pickems soo...

In all honesty (wait, that doesn't belong in here) I expect a split, but baltimore isn't losing this week.

dataz722 said:
In all honesty (wait, that doesn't belong in here) I expect a split, but baltimore isn't losing this week.

Well Cinci is coming off a loss too and a division loss. Either way I expect a good game. Will be watching. Well maybe I think the homebrew club is meeting. Can't remember what time.

Back