Nut Brown Ale 1016 FG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi_Jonno

Reaction score
Hi,

Im currently brewing a can kit (forget name, white can), Nut Brown Ale. It had 1kg of the matching BrewTec half malt/half sugar. It has been 8 days in primary now, but fermentation was VERY rapid with v.fast bubbling, but stopped bubbling "completely" after 4 days. The start gravity was 1040, its now 1016, and was 2 days ago also. Is this normal for it not to go any lower?

The reason I say this is with the can yeast, I put it in 1/3 cup warm water (40degs C) for ten min first as the can said to. When I put the water/yeast into the fermenter tank, it was kinda all gooey and stuck together. It sunk partly too, so wasn't sprinkled on top like I did first batch with dry yeast. Is this ok?

The beer tastes not too bad at its current state. It will be a weak % batch though. Any thoughts?

Oh also, my stick on thermometer mustv got wet with a t shirt over it. All the numbers are weird looking. I used a normal thermometer and was 22 degs C.

EDIT.... can kit is Muntons Nut Brown Ale, CONNOISSEURS RANGE

That is quite high for a 1.040 brown. Only 60% attenuation. I'd expect it to hit 1.010. Check the gravity again in 2-3 days.

Do you think I stuffed the yeast up though? Or will be ok? It seems to have stopped fermenting though as the gravitys been the same couple days now.

Back