Now I know not to/ always to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeachedBumm

Reaction score
This is just a simple learning thread intended for quick tips one may not have thought of. I currently have 15 gallons under my belt and have 5 gallons of blueberry cinnamon wit happily fermenting in the bathroom.

Now I know not to dry hop without a cheese cloth bag (Pale Ale that is delicious but has hop flakes towards the bottom of random bottles.)

Now I know not to use extract, use the real deal. (Vanilla extract in a RIS. At 3 months old it tasted like an OREO beer. Hopefully it will mellow out in about 6 months.)

Now I know on a brew day to always have a few gallons of purified drinking water and some bags of ice on hand.

have a spray bottle of starsan. :rockin: Not only does it sanitize, 2-3 squirts on mist will push down the hot break and prevent boil overs!

BeachedBumm said:
Now I know on a brew day to always have a few gallons of purified drinking water and some bags of ice on hand.

I prefer drinking beer while brewing. It is nice and cold from the tap. But if you like ice water....;)

Back