Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrrgh! They're pulling the tarp but if that big orange thingie goes a little south this is looking like a 2-3 hour rain delay!

raindelay.jpg

May be watching the outcome on the DVR tomorrow...

Cheers! :mad:

I hope so. Been recuperating from painting la casa all day with copious amounts of homebrew and I don't think I'm gonna last a lot longer...

Cheers! :drunk:

There we go.
If the Cubs have an arm good for three outs left in the bullpen this could be over soon...

Cheers! (in for another pint! :mug:)

fwiw, this has been my evening:
Cream O' Three Crops
Pale
'Murrican Wheat
IPA
Another CO'3C
Three ESBs in a row (kegging leftover)
IPA

I'm thinking my chocolate IIS but if the Cubs keep scoring I'll be asleep in my comfy chair before the game ends.
Decisions, decisions ;)

[edit] Went with my Trappist refectory ale - half the kick of the IIS - and they made the third out! :smack:

Red Sox pitchers and catchers report in 106 days...

Cheers! ("Wait'll NEXT Year!" :D)

ps: One could put together a pretty good team using all the ex-Red Sox players and management between the Cubs and Indians...

Red Sox pitchers and catchers report in 106 days...

Cheers! ("Wait'll NEXT Year!" :D)

ps: One could put together a pretty good team using all the ex-Red Sox players and management between the Cubs and Indians...

True, I did notice that. In fact, that's exactly what the cubs / injuns did. I might throw the Rays into the mix (maddon / zobrist)

I'm going to just leave this here...
View attachment 1478171696989.jpg
Most emotional game I've ever watched. It was strange watching something that my parents and grandparents have never witnessed in their lives. I was with Rizzo in his glass case of emotion.

Anyone else think that Madden tried to make the game about himself by making such outrageous and surprising coaching decisions? It's like he wanted the attention.

Madden totally over-managed Game Seven, using the hook too quick and going with long-shot offensive subs.
But none of that appears on the World Series trophy.

With one of the youngest teams to ever win it all, there's a good chance Madden will have a job for a couple of years at least.
I'm wondering what Theo will do next.
Any other "curses" out there? The Mets, maybe? It's been 30 years...

Cheers!

Local press is so conflicted. Every two weeks the vacillate between Rays: Another Lost Season! and Rays Marching into the Playoffs, Must Buy Bullpen Help!

The truth is, the Rays are a 500 team this year, Boston and Janks (and maybe Baltimore if they can get their act together) will likely finish above them. We do have some surprising homerun numbers. We have NEVER had that before.

When you guys had Verlandyer and Smyly and Porcello and Sherzer you should have won it all. That was a dominant rotation.

I agree. It was such a close thing!

Now verlander is still good, but not as good, and hasn't been getting the offensive help he should be getting.

Honestly, I'd be happy to see a bunch of new guys if they only keep a couple of players like Miggy, maybe a couple of starting pitchers. We need more better starters (or consistent offense) and as always, better relief pitching.

The question at this point is whether you think we only need a couple of young players to help out the players in decline, or do we need a bunch of young players to replace the players in decline?

They aren't going to be able to buy their way back to the World Series this season, and probably not next season.

Congrats to JV who finally got the Ring he deserved.

And news from Detroit today is the announcement of the new coaching staff! I think this is supposed to make people interested in the Tigers through winter.

I just got tix for a Rangers spring training game in Surprise, AZ. Even better, my flights are free and I'm staying with a friend. Whut for those of you that know him. Cant wait! Might even play some golf while there! Go RANGERS!!!!

Pretty entertaining game for someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight.
If there hadn't been a game seven I probably wouldn't have seen any of this series...

Cheers!

Resurrecting this ol' dog eared thread...

Toggling between hockey playoff games and baseball and can't help but notice the Red Sox have been looking studly of late.
Behind a run or two in the ninth? NBD, they put a runner or two on base then launch a homer like tonite.
I can dig it! :D

Resurrecting this ol' dog eared thread...

Toggling between hockey playoff games and baseball and can't help but notice the Red Sox have been looking studly of late.
Behind a run or two in the ninth? NBD, they put a runner or two on base then launch a homer like tonite.
I can dig it! :D
Agreed. Past couple years, even the WS team of '18, there wasn't much coming from behind. This team doesn't sdeem to get rattled if they get down, They've picked up plenty of wins in the last third of the game. It does help that it's a decent bullpen for them, (yes, they've had some issues of late, but we'll see) that overall is good at preventing runs - was it Barnes that had a zero ERA until recently?

It would have to have been Barnes - who was truly cruising there with the saves 'til he finally gave up a bomb for a loss.
Still I'm impressed - he's always been pretty steady as a reliever but I don't think he ever had this level of effectivity over many games now...

Cheers!

Back