Noooooooo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mre24j

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and went out to my garden before work to water my sexy little hop plants, a cascade, chinook, fuggle, and a nugget. To my dismay the only thing remaining were little scraps of mower debris. Apparetnly our new mower guy thought they were all weeds and weadwacked them. Any chance they will come up again?

I wouldn't expect anything much to happen this year in terms of hops production. I'm sure the vines will come back, but not in full force this year... As long as the root below is still intact, you'll have better luck next year.

Yeah... next year. Same thing happened to one of my plants last year.

No, they will come back up this summer. Hops are highly doubtful but there will be shoots. I chop my down every spring from 12-24" to the ground to keep them from making it up to my roof and they always come back almost all the way to the roof. You must of just had bad luck with yours.

Step one: Cry over lost hops.

Step two: Punch the person that did this.

Step thee: RDWHAHB.

And this is why I mow the lawn now. They hula hoed our early lettuce this spring and that was enough plus we have so much crap going on in our back yard now I couldn't expect the mower guy to know what to do.

Give him a six pack...

Pour the first one for him...

then when he discovers the other five are water tell him,

"ya I ran out of hops this year because you killed my plants..."

Give him a six pack...

Pour the first one for him...

then when he discovers the other five are water tell him,

"ya I ran out of hops this year because you killed my plants..."

Haha I like it

Back