Non keggers- How many batches have you bottled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
I have bottled 26 batches of beer so far. I don't mind bottling. Bottling day is quick and easy compared to brewday, plus I like having live, cask conditioned ale that continues to improve with age, and I love the pfffft when I open a bottle of my homebrew. I may never go the kegging route. I'm quite happy with my bottled brew. How 'bout you?

I'm a kegger now, but not for that long, maybe about two years. So, the first 100 or 150 batches were all bottled!

That said, I am so glad I keg now. I can't believe I bottled like 5000 bottles before I started this!

I did around 20 batches, then switched to kegging. However, I bottle my porter and aventinus. BUT, really like the taste out of the keg. Right now I am on batch 38.

I started with kegging (don't hate me), but I made my last batch as a present for my dad and bottled it and it made me appreciate kegging that much more. I don't mind filling a 6er or 12 pack with the BMBF, but I definitely did not enjoy bottling 2 cases worth. Although it did go quicker than I expected.

What does Revvy always say about bottling threads, I can't quite remember but I know it has to do with kegging... hmmm...

I bottle and so far, collectively (including the hiatus I took for 2 years), I have bottle 15 batches...

I bottled my first batch, and then got a sweet deal on cornies from eBay. So I shopped around and invested in what I needed to get a basic kegging system set up. However, since I'm still new to the hobby I'm pretty much going back and forth based on what's empty. My second batch? I didn't have enough bottles cleaned out yet - into the keg it went. Third batch? Plenty of clean bottles, and wanted to keg fourth batch - into the bottles they went. I think it'll be like this for a while...

i keg and bottle from the keg as needed; a picnic tap and a racking cane = beergun and you can bottle a assload of beer in 15 minutes flat.

I actually enjoy the whole bottling process. Like Beerbeque stated, the pfffft is a satisfying zen to me! I do, however plan on eventually getting to a point where I can keg a corny and cart it to a party or picnic or wherever.

The bottles are great if it's just me and some pals but I would like to travel without dealing with glass. Some places (like the beach) won't let you drink from glass bottles so I think a little kegger with a picnic tap might be a fun alternative.

I've helped others bottle but I've done about 10 of my own batches so far...

-Tripod

I do both, but I've probably bottled about 100 batches...;)

Right now I have 17 full cornies, 7 cases of brew, 9 batches in primaries and secondaries and over 100 bottles of meads and ciders...and planning on brewing again this weekend after I do my taxes...;)

Bottled 3 batches so far... 1 keg... I do like the bottles and I don't have a keggerator yet, so that might make me bias towards bottling. I really enjoy giving my home brew away, people always love to try new beers.

But if I had the nice keg setup, I might do every other one keg...

Jared

ugh, ive only got 3 batches under my belt and im sick of bottling. cant wait till i can find some cornies and a kegging system. i do like having bottles tho. i just find it a bit of a pain.

I am also around 25-30 batches bottled. I don't mind it at all, I have my system down pretty well now and it takes me around 45 minutes start to clean up to get everything done. It's sort of like beer meditation.

I don't find bottling that bad, just part of the process. I will say however to use bigger bottles if you can, it makes it go a lot quicker. I use a few bombers and mostly .5 liter flip tops. I put a couple 6 packs in regular bottles to give away but I too like the pop of a home brew out of the bottle.

I've only bottled 1 batch. I have another in a secondary and 3rd I just brewed up on Tuesday. Right now it's all kind of new and neat. I'm thinking of putting labels on the next batch. I'll let you know in a month if I still 'like' bottling.

Of the last 100 batches we kegged about 20 and bottled the rest. We run a good deal of 22 oz bottles and flip top bottles that really take the snap out of bottling. Plus the Keggerator is not trouble free either. A plugged line, CO2 bottles leaking, and general keg maintance. But when you have a party and you empty a keg or two your really appreciate the keg.
Other times we bottle because we are splitting the batch and making part of it with a special flavor like blackberry or we spike a few bottles of heavy stout. Either way sooner or later if you brew enough you will have both.

Before I kegged, I bottled all of them. :D

I don't know, but I did pretty much all the recipes in Papa Charlie's tNCJoHB.

I have bottled about ten batches so far. I am setting up my kegerator this weekend and i will begin kegging with my next two batches pale rye ale and honey brown ale being the first on tap, but I will also continue bottling some of my batches.

I'm kind of stuck bottling because my girlfriend thinks its fun and hates all the rest of it. I'm holding on to that one little thing in hopes I don't get pushed out into the garage. haha

Count me in with the zen bottling crowd. Even the SWMBO starts hanging around when she sees the bottling gear coming out...

But I did just buy 4 cornies (for primary/secondary) so I might try the kegging thing.

bottled 20 or so batches and just emptied my first cornie and made a gun with a picnic tap and piece of racking cane and besides the 8 bottles left over after the keg is racked. I'll never bottle again. .... Saved my life man.

I bottled 57 batches before going to kegging. (just recently)
That's about 2800 bottles if you figure 50 bottles per batch.
:tank: whew

Back