No longer a virgin.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlayton92

Reaction score
So last night I boiled my first extract lets hope it turns out good

ForumRunner_20130304_114729.jpg

image-794033804.jpg

Nice! Me too! I brewed mine Saturday and it started bubbling like crazy out of the air lock yesterday!

Yeah the wait is going two suck luckily ive got two more carboys and two kegs ;)

So im thinking ill infuse some vanilla what do yall think? Its an irish stout by the way.

leave the thing alone.

don't mess with it.

here's the deal... to borrow a line from Tom Petty... The Waiting is the Hardest Part.

for the next 4 weeks you are going to be tempted to mess with it 10 times a day.

you are going to fret, and obsess over every detail, like many of us do every time our first born child burps or farts.

DO NOT MESS WITH IT.

if you want to try a different recipe, or add an ingredient, brew another batch.

:)

btw... welcome to our nightmare (that one with apology to Alice Cooper).

dadshomebrewing said:
leave the thing alone.

don't mess with it.

here's the deal... to borrow a line from Tom Petty... The Waiting is the Hardest Part.

for the next 4 weeks you are going to be tempted to mess with it 10 times a day.

you are going to fret, and obsess over every detail, like many of us do every time our first born child burps or farts.

DO NOT MESS WITH IT.

if you want to try a different recipe, or add an ingredient, brew another batch.

Lol, why is this. I'll sit and stare at my carboys, willing them to ferment faster, and to magically be finished!

Lol, why is this. I'll sit and stare at my carboys, willing them to ferment faster, and to magically be finished!

are you kidding?

i time the burps coming out of the blowoff tube, and fret over it if they aren't fast enough.

my wife laughs at me. she says she's going to get me a baby monitor to put next to my carboys so i can stop running up and down the stairs.

leave the thing alone.

don't mess with it.

DO NOT MESS WITH IT.

Should have stated my second batch is another stout im thinking of adding it too.

are you kidding?

i time the burps coming out of the blowoff tube, and fret over it if they aren't fast enough.

my wife laughs at me. she says she's going to get me a baby monitor to put next to my carboys so i can stop running up and down the stairs.

Lol mine has been sitting there watching it bubble more than me. Gotta love that women.

Should have stated my second batch is another stout im thinking of adding it too.

^^^ this

btw... i never make the same beer style two batches in a row... i have a sort of 12 week cycle... that way i can taste it before i change it.

but i have to admit it was brutally hard doing that up until the point where i had a pipeline and a surplus of home brew.

^^^ this

btw... i never make the same beer style two batches in a row... i have a sort of 12 week cycle... that way i can taste it before i change it.

but i have to admit it was brutally hard doing that up until the point where i had a pipeline and a surplus of home brew.

Its a different recipe but I was thinking about bottling the first and put the next in the keg. The only reason im doing two stouts is cuz my dad go me a kit so I have two

Latest posts

Back