No Country for Old Men... ? [possible spoilers, beware]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfocus

Reaction score
So I just finished watching it.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good movie, I think I get the message that the writers are trying to get across (the free violence that exists in this world...)

But...

4 Oscars?

All I get out of this movie is that people are ready to do just about anything for money/to prove their right.

So anyways, if anyone has anything to say about this movie, just wants to share their opinion or maybe enlighten about the apparent greatness of this movie, please go ahead.

BTW: I don't mean to offense anyone, I'm just sharing what I feel about the movie.

Personally, I think the level and kind of violence we see today is in large caused by Hollywood's irresponsibility. That's MHO.

I loved the movie, probably one of the few I will actually buy.
Great bad guy and the good guy. The ending was fine, it didn't end all nice and perfectly wrapped up like most movies, but I thought it was still good, it is more interesting to see the bad guy win at times. I'm glad to see good movies that aren't the same stupid recycled plots in the same cheap unthoughout garbage productions.

The plot was really good, there were some very dark, but funny moments. Action, but intelligent at the same time. Great cinematography, great acting.

I don't think the point was violence, more about the sheriff getting old and not being able to keep up with changes.

Honestly what other movie this year was better(set low standards and even just good movies seem to shine)?

Different strokes for different folks.

There will be blood was 1000000x better.

I didn't understand all the awards either.

Back