No Bueno

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InYerMouth

Reaction score
So I have been fairly new to this hobby and started all grain a few batches ago and have been very pleased with the outcomes...I recently kegged an apricot blonde that seemed to have turned out great after fermentation.

After a few days in the keg it has a very bad flat almost dishsoap taste to it that totally killed any beer flavor or apricot flavor at all...Unfortunately I think in an idiotic moment with ten million things going on I didnt empty the star san out of the keg before I transfered it, therefore siphoning the beer right into about a quart or so of star san solution.

My question would be is there any saving this?? will it go away?? or am I the first idiot to make such an awesome move?? Please offer advice and any pointing and laughing is also welcome...lol...:(

If it were left in the fermenter, I could say without a doubt that it wouldn't hurt a thing. But in the keg, I am not sure. I wouldn't think it would make any difference at that concentration. According to what I have seen and read, it shouldn't really affect flavor, but won't hurt you at all.

Mine does not over foam or anything bad, but you can clearly taste a cleaner in it....really bad...over took the beer and apricot flavor....Ive still got it on CO2, but prob gonna have to dump it before to long...

Live and Learn!!!:mug:

Back