Healthy Non Alcohol Flavored Soda Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zegster2006

Reaction score
So I have been kegging soda using generic Diet Cola syrup for almost a year now. I probably drink way too much of it daily and was thinking about trying other options that might be healthier. Is there any healthy soda/sparkling water syrups out there? I'm thinking Spindrift, Poppi, etc.. I've tried to find stores to purchase, but can only find it in cans/bottles.

Also, I can't drink just soda water. I need some flavoring to it. Has anybody tried simple flavors to soda water and had a good outcome. Like lemon juice, lime juice, any other juices, etc... And is adding juice going to cause it to be perishable?

Here's a whole discussion on it. As far as the juice making it perishable, it depends on the juice. Orange, strawberry, cherry... yes, but should be good for a while. Lemon, lime, etc, probably not so much. You can also make a sparkling water and add flavorings to your glass so you're not stuck with 5 gallons of 1 flavor, in case you don't like it. You can also flavor each glass until you find a flavor you might want 5 gallons of that same flavor.

I keep kegs of soda water in my keezer and use the Bubly flavoring to mix it up. I pour pitchers of soda water from the tap and then add whatever flavors suit my fancy at the time. I have found the Bubly flavors to be the best so far. See: https://www.amazon.com/sodastream-B...ly&qid=1709666013&sprefix=bubl,aps,246&sr=8-5
I would also highly recommend buying the bottle droppers to replace the tops. It makes using the Bubly flavors a lot easier. See https://www.amazon.com/Dropper-Pipe...-4-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Ok, I was researching these just now. Its not a syrup its just drops of flavoring. Have you guys tried the Bounce Bubly? It has caffeine in it? That would be nice on some days. Strange it can get enough caffeine in a little bottle. I have a bunch of two liters that I use now for kegged soda. How many drops would you use for a two liter?

I don't know how much to use for two liters, but I fill a standard beer pitcher (if there is such a thing) about 2/3 full with soda water then add two 1/2 droppers full of flavoring. For me, I can taste the flavor, but it's not overwhelming like some flavored sparkling waters are. I don't drink beer during the week, so I go through 2-3 of these pitchers of soda water a night and the Bubly flavoring lasts a long time for me.

Back