Ninja or Pirate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja or Pirate?!?

• Ninja!

• Pirate!

• Chuck Norris!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pirates get to hang out with the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" and visit the stripper factory and the beer volcanoe! Have you been touched by His noodly appendage?

I take being a pirate... you get "Keira Knightley" :ban:

KeiraKnightle.jpeg

Aaarrrrggggg

AllHoppedUp said:
I gotta go with ninja. From what I've read of pirate life, it's not nearly as romantic as Hollywood makes it out to be. Think months (or more) at sea with no company but the unshowered man whose bunk is but inches from your face. The fresh food was gone long ago so now you only get weevle infested biscuits and maybe some dried meat if you're lucky. You're vitamin C deficient so you're starting to lose teeth due to scurvy. Yeah, there's plenty of rum and beer but that's only because fresh water doesn't last. So you drink in the sun all day and wake up the next morning with the taste of cat piss in your mouth because you've been on a 3 month drinking binge and haven't brushed your teeth once. All you want is one glass of clean water to rinse things out a bit . . . you finally work up the nerve to complain to the captain and he has you flogged for it.

A ninja, on the other hand, could live any lifestyle he chooses. Any man who stands in his way is merely shuriken fodder. If you want to drink rum or beer all day you simply have to kill a man with a decent supply of rum or beer. Your incredible skill in all things deceiving ensure that you'll never be caught.

AHU

that's why the choice is clear as coors for me.

the_bird said:
You know, it wasn't "The Dread Ninja Roberts"...

touche!

pfj

the_bird said:
Sometimes, I really wish there WAS a "Talk Like a Ninja Day"... just 24 hours of blissful silence.....
Class! :D
Unless of course you're top of the Ninja's list.
Then maybe it'll be 'Get out of bed, yawn and stretch' and suddenly it's longer on the silence than the 24 hours you originally planned.... ;)

Ninja life is just as romanticized as a pirate's. My total sum of ninja knowledge is based on a History channel special but it left me with the conclusion that ninjas cultivated the mythos around them to spread fear. Quite effective but since I've seen through the smokescreen....

Pirate.

digging up an old thread, but has anyone seen the cover of the latest Northern Brewer catalog?

Ninjas are sneaking up on some Samurai who are drinking pints of beer.

The lower right corner of the cover has a yellow 'caution' sign that says:

CAUTION
Successful homebrewing
may attract Beer Ninjas

-walker

Since this thread is back in action, I'll give the reason for my vote:

I spent way too much time in Asian countries and still can't understand their culture. Pirate.

Lots of new faces since the first of the year makes me think this could see some air...

However, it's more than likely because I watched The Dark Ages on History last night, and I've always thought The Vikings were badass, plus it's Barbarians week this week as well, I have to throw my support behind Pirates again.

One reason why.

Berserker. :rockin:

Go Silent Bob. :drunk:

Ize

Well, considering my SCA title is CAPTAIN Everild Sweordbora (the Eagle) I think you can guess what my response is.....

Pirate!

We pillage, we plunder. we rifle and loot, we kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot...

On board the good ship Defiant!

Except technically we're not pirates. We're Pre-emptive maritime salvage engineers.

Oh, and don't forget our teddy-bear mascot, Salty Bob......
http://www.warofthering.net/photoforum/data/500/medium/PIC00067.JPG

Yes, I may be 21, but I can still have teddies!! (And yes, that is my harp....)

Arrr, I'll be takin' the life of a pirate any day! What's the fun in sneakin' about? Keelhaulin', rum, and saucy wenches for me! Us pirates have better innuendo, too. Yard arm, hoistin' the jolly roger, swabin' the poop deck...

I'll take the helm of a ship any day, to prove the ship and set the way...The salt of the sea and 2 wenches for me! I'll drink all the rum and get good and numb, A Pirates life for me.

Now, Let me be clear, I'd rather be a pirate, but if it came down to a battle, I think the ninja's would kick our ass.

BigKahuna said:
I'll take the helm of a ship any day, to prove the ship and set the way...The salt of the sea and 2 wenches for me! I'll drink all the rum and get good and numb, A Pirates life for me.

Now, Let me be clear, I'd rather be a pirate, but if it came down to a battle, I think the ninja's would kick our ass.
I agree the life of a pirate would kick way more ass but the ninjas defiantly have the upper hand in battle. They would sneak on board at night and slit everyones throat.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
I agree the life of a pirate would kick way more ass but the ninjas defiantly have the upper hand in battle. They would sneak on board at night and slit everyones throat.

Pirates would blast the hell out of there base and ninjas would be to busy puking there guts out to stow away. They'd have to do a sneak attack dockside. But then there slippered feet would slip all over the deck (thats why old time sailors were bare foot on deck).

Latest posts

Back