Ninja or Pirate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja or Pirate?!?

• Ninja!

• Pirate!

• Chuck Norris!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
My friend used to ask me questions like this all the time. I think he may have even asked me this exact question. It's a toughy though. Ninja's are like the night, but pirates get to wear fancy clothes and swear a lot and drink rum and sing and they get big swords and parrots on their shoulders. I take pirate. Although a good ninja could probably board a pirate ship and kill everyone on board before anyone knew he was there. That's a risk I'll take, I guess.

I chose pirate even though I was in the Army.

Personally, I would never want to join an organization that drank a lot of rum (OK, that's the only good part) and sang songs about blowing a man down, or have a guy called a "rear admiral".:eek:

If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Ninjas are sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants.

pirate get's the nod hear. they look cooler. the scraggly beard and all. plus they get to drink ale and rum, steal stuff, rape, pillage, and get a tan. non-conformists = more my style.

I gotta go with ninja. From what I've read of pirate life, it's not nearly as romantic as Hollywood makes it out to be. Think months (or more) at sea with no company but the unshowered man whose bunk is but inches from your face. The fresh food was gone long ago so now you only get weevle infested biscuits and maybe some dried meat if you're lucky. You're vitamin C deficient so you're starting to lose teeth due to scurvy. Yeah, there's plenty of rum and beer but that's only because fresh water doesn't last. So you drink in the sun all day and wake up the next morning with the taste of cat piss in your mouth because you've been on a 3 month drinking binge and haven't brushed your teeth once. All you want is one glass of clean water to rinse things out a bit . . . you finally work up the nerve to complain to the captain and he has you flogged for it.

A ninja, on the other hand, could live any lifestyle he chooses. Any man who stands in his way is merely shuriken fodder. If you want to drink rum or beer all day you simply have to kill a man with a decent supply of rum or beer. Your incredible skill in all things deceiving ensure that you'll never be caught.

AHU

AllHoppedUp said:
I gotta go with ninja. From what I've read of pirate life, it's not nearly as romantic as Hollywood makes it out to be. Think months (or more) at sea with no company but the unshowered man whose bunk is but inches from your face. The fresh food was gone long ago so now you only get weevle infested biscuits and maybe some dried meat if you're lucky. You're vitamin C deficient so you're starting to lose teeth due to scurvy. Yeah, there's plenty of rum and beer but that's only because fresh water doesn't last. So you drink in the sun all day and wake up the next morning with the taste of cat piss in your mouth because you've been on a 3 month drinking binge and haven't brushed your teeth once. All you want is one glass of clean water to rinse things out a bit . . . you finally work up the nerve to complain to the captain and he has you flogged for it.

A ninja, on the other hand, could live any lifestyle he chooses. Any man who stands in his way is merely shuriken fodder. If you want to drink rum or beer all day you simply have to kill a man with a decent supply of rum or beer. Your incredible skill in all things deceiving ensure that you'll never be caught.

AHU

Way to ruin it for me.

AllHoppedUp said:
Think months (or more) at sea with no company but the unshowered man whose bunk is but inches from your face. The fresh food was gone long ago so now you only get weevle infested biscuits and maybe some dried meat if you're lucky. You're vitamin C deficient so you're starting to lose teeth due to scurvy. Yeah, there's plenty of rum and beer but that's only because fresh water doesn't last. So you drink in the sun all day and wake up the next morning with the taste of cat piss in your mouth because you've been on a 3 month drinking binge and haven't brushed your teeth once. All you want is one glass of clean water to rinse things out a bit . . . you finally work up the nerve to complain to the captain and he has you flogged for it.
That sounds like fun...what's the bad part? :confused:

AllHoppedUp said:
And everyday you die a thousand deaths, knowing that you could do all those things, but your lifelong ninja training doesn't allow you to do them. :(

Ninjas, naturally :D I'll take sake and geisha over bad rum and the "rear admiral" any day :D :drunk:

As an aside, thanks for making a sepperate thread for this, catfish. I was slightly worried no one would pick up on the joke :eek:

El Pistolero said:
And everyday you die a thousand deaths, knowing that you could do all those things, but your lifelong ninja training doesn't allow you to do them. :(

I'm no expert, but I think you may be confusing ninja with samurai. I don't believe ninjas are bound by any code of honor. Ever heard of Stormshadow?That dude wouldn't think twice about wasting some liquor store owner for a bottle of Bacardi. But just in case I'm wrong, I'll be a rogue ninja.

AHU

AllHoppedUp said:
I'm no expert, but I think you may be confusing ninja with samurai. I don't believe ninjas are bound by any code of honor. Ever heard of Stormshadow?That dude wouldn't think twice about wasting some liquor store owner for a bottle of Bacardi. But just in case I'm wrong, I'll be a rogue ninja.
You're right, I was confusing the two. :eek:

So ninja are bad, huh? In that case, I vote for pirate. :D

For me it's gotta be pirates. Ninjas are too sneaky for me. Ya can't fart, belch, drink rum / beer, sing, make people walk the plank, plug holes in the hull with your butt etc, if you're a ninja.

BlightyBrewer said:
For me it's gotta be pirates. Ninjas are too sneaky for me. Ya can't fart, belch, drink rum / beer, sing, make people walk the plank, plug holes in the hull with your butt etc, if you're a ninja.

Who says ninjas can't fart? "Silent But Deadly" pretty much epitomizes the ninja way. Heh heh!

AHU

BlightyBrewer said:
....my wife must be a ninja....:eek:

You need to get a dog. My wife used to fart all the time until we got a dog. Then she mysteriously stopped farting! That dog seems to fart a lot though . . .

AHU

ninjaspirates.jpg

Nuff Said!! :cross:

I'm going Pirate. First off, you get to travel a lot more. Secondly, you get prostitutes from port to port. Now, you do have to put up with the occasional "I got so drunk I went gay because I've been at sea for months" nights, but that's a far worry from the "if I get caught, I'll be slowly and brutally tortured and killed" life of the ninja.

Both are poor. Both are elusive and both lead a dangerous lifestyle. However, the Pirate lifestyle is a bit more fun than the ninja lifestyle so I'm going to sail the carribbean seas as a pirate.

Pirate, easily. Drink, rape, pillage, steal, lay in the sun, pee in the ocean, occasionally duke it out with Bluto or Popeye. What's not to like? :ban: Personally, I don't think Ninjas even really exist except in the movies. Ya ever seen one?!;)

Plus, many songs have been written or sung about pirates or the sea. Any ninja songs? No, I didn't think so. A song like "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)" would never be sung by a ninja!

Ninja. Definatly Ninja. Pirates talk too bloody much. And think about it... how many women do you see on a pirate ship. Hey my life doesn't depend on sex ok.... but.... .. hmm... but..... well..... how many women do you see on a pirate ship?

Brewpastor said:
Pirates! They are in your face, where as Ninjas sneek around and hid and that seems a little pansy-girlish to me.

If that's the case, why are they called "Butt Pirates" instead of "Butt Ninjas?"

First of all, how many ninjas do you see strolling around with a babe on each arm? NONE- because they know their killing power lies in their chastity. A pirate? Will stick it to anything that stands still (and some what don't).

Second of all, a ninja could never yield a label like this: (my brew operation's proud standard):

JewbeardGeneric.jpg

Shalom, me hearties!

the_bird said:
If that's the case, why are they called "Butt Pirates" instead of "Butt Ninjas?"

It is simple, ever wonder why your butt is sometimes itchy in the morning? Butt Ninjas. They just are too ashamed to talk about it.

Isn't that an old Ninja Proverb? "He who goes to bed with itchy a$$ wake up with stinky finger"

(Looks around, shrugs shoulders) What??? :drunk:

Pirate for me...24/7 in the Caribbean with lovely island ladies? Oh and loads of gold to pillage from the Spanish? I'll put up with a lot for that... (Altho I'll sleep with a dagger in case of "Butt Ninjas")

Ize (just one tho...:D )

Back