NHL 2009/20020 Season - Drunken Trash talk Allowed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to watch that game but I was so disgusted by the Blues dismal showing against a lowly POS Eastern Conf. team that I chose Little Mermaid instead.

Huet's on fire! Back to back shutouts!
3 shutouts in last 4 games for Hawks.
Wings fans cry into their BMC "But our bestest swedes are hurt! Wahhhh!!!!!"

Nice win by STL last night.
Wish I could find that clip of VAN fans throwing trash (but not each other) on ice in the playoff last year.

Officiating has been poor in a lot of games lately. Toews got hooked by Bertuzzi on a short-handed breakaway and no penalty shot.

Doesn't Kovulchuck want out of Atlanta?
I think someone here said he only wants 10 mil a year.

If Kovy would play some D he'd probably fetch Ovie/Crosby numbers. I'm not sure if he's still hurt or if he's dogging it thinking he's going to get traded, but he sure hasn't been playing like a $10 million dollar guy out there lately.

If the $10m/yr rumor is true (I've heard it as high as 11.5m!) then he's just bat **** crazy. He wants to play for a contender on one hand but then wants to cripple the team's chances of giving him a strong supporting cast by looking for that kind of salary.

Funny you should say that. I just read a rumor that Vancouver is offering Demitra, Schneider and a 1st round pick for Kovy.

****, hockey is sounding like baseball. No wonder they implemented a cap.

+1

I'm getting sick of the outrageous amounts of money that guys are getting in the NHL today. Cripes, they used to take pride in the fact that they were the "working class" athletes.

But 1 million doesn't go as far as it used to!:cross:

some news I saw:
Identity of Chicago Blackhawks legend stolen

my picks for tonight:

COL over ANA - (seems to be easy pick)

(Sexual) Predators over VAN (preds are hot team right now but hopefully they went down to Hastings and got all cracked out and picked up some women that look like their fans)

Hawks 1 - Sharks 0 (will end after a 21 round shootout with 1st 20 shots missing the net as both teams struggle to breathe as the stench from the Bulls blowing 35 point lead last night lingers)

I think the Canucks should start fining players for not perforimg. They oud put the money in accounts and they get it back a bit at a time for every place off win. Doubt the union would go for that though.

Problem with trying to get Kolvy is that he probably won't get traded till near the deadline and we need someone NOW. Hell I was saying we needed someone before the season started.

It would be awesome if contracts were based on team performance.

base = $$$$
Playoffs add $
semis add $
conf finals add $
cup ad $$

Unfortunately, as Denny says, the union would never allow this.

I am on strike from going to see my Canes play. Paul Maurice is the worst coach in the history of ever, and it shows this season. Under "sucks" in the dictionary is a picture of the 2009/10 Hurricanes!

correction: under "sucks" in the dictionary there is a picture of the great one coaching the 'yotes for the past few years, glad he is out, great player but a crappy coach.

**** my Life, I'm a LA Kings fan...I can only hope they get keep this up the rest of the season

Home & home this weekend, Hawks vs. (sexual) Predators.
Come on Huet/Niemi! I don't want to hear that damn hillbilly goal song!

51307871.jpg

Kane with 4 game winning goals in last 7 games.:ban:

Hawks sweep home & home against NSH, 8 point lead in Central division.

Keith Tkachuk scores with his FACE!
:eek:

51411500.jpg

Still not enough to overcome 6-3 ass kicking at the hands of Chicago.

I hear Tkachuk lost some teeth, hope it's nothing more serious.

Hawks - 5
Ducks - 2

Dustin Byfuglien gets pissed off for once:

9fec1d71c474e5f937de8ea3ebd773ab-getty-90957379jd003_il_anaheim_du.jpg

I wish he would've chucked 'em like that against St. Louis.

Western Conference Standings update:

1. Chicago - 42 games played, 61 points
9. Detroit - 41 games played, 48 points
12. St. Louis - 41 games played, 40 points

(Detroit will climb back into playoff spot though while Blues drop from 12th)

Back