Newest rumor-MillerCoors buying Surly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone elaborate on this excerpt from the article. I'm not familiar enough with any restrictions or regs that AB/Inbev or MillerCoors have when it comes to purchasing craft breweries.

Thanks

Excerpt:

"The Karbach Brewing purchase officially puts the biggest beer company ever just one card stamp away from the next acquisition happening at half price — and outside the the supervision of the open-palmed U.S. Department of ‘Justice.’"

What does the half price reference or the card stamp refer to?

Can someone elaborate on this excerpt from the article. I'm not familiar enough with any restrictions or regs that AB/Inbev or MillerCoors have when it comes to purchasing craft breweries.

Thanks

Excerpt:

"The Karbach Brewing purchase officially puts the biggest beer company ever just one card stamp away from the next acquisition happening at half price — and outside the the supervision of the open-palmed U.S. Department of ‘Justice.’"

What does the half price reference or the card stamp refer to?

It's a joke. Like a Starbucks rewards card. Buy 10 get one half price.

As for the open palmed bit .... I am not sure of the specifics but when ABInbev struck the SAB deal, restrictions were also set in place where antitrust commission has to approve any new acquisitions regardless of size. I think this is a obscure reference to that.

Latest posts

Back