Newbie from colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeBetterBrewing

Sour Head in CO
Reaction score
Ordered the morebeer.com deluxe kit, based on a friends rec. he has been brewing for several years and has made some of the best beers I’ve had. Trying to get my own up and going. Mostly a sour head will try to keep a sour constantly tapped on the kegerator. Always open to advice! Will have a go at the pale ale that comes with the kit this weekend.

Welcome. This is a great place for information. What part of Colorado? I’m in the northeast corner.
Just a FYI, separate cold side equipment might be needed if you’re doing sours since the risk of cross contamination is possible if you’re sanitation process isn’t spot on. Others might have better advice or correct me (I don’t brew sours).
Sláinte

Welcome aboard.
I have done a couple of sours and keep all my equipment separate from my regular brewing equipment.
those sour bugs can stick around for awhile.
you can find some great info on this site.
cheers

I use the brew hut, which is the store attached to dry dock, all of the time. I actually have 15 gallons of a Belgian sour in a barrel right now, I am hoping to use it as a solera, so I have a constant supply.

If I can be of any help, just reach out I would be happy to show you things once this current situation is over.

Back