New to this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooShort4

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm new to this whole process and a little confused. Lets say I was making creme soda, and I put everything in a 2 liter bottle. Do I let it sit and when it becomes hard, put it in the refrigerator and wait for it to chill before drinking? Thanks!

yes, that's more or less it. It should harden up in a day or two, but I had a lemonade recently that took over a week to carb up due to high acidity.

You've got it, just give the bottle a little squeeze every now and then to see where it's at. I've had things carb up in just a few hours, and had things take a couple days.

The beauty of this method is you don't have to worry about it - just give it a squeeze and you'll know if it's ready to be chilled or not.

Alright thanks guys. Lets just say I wanted to take fruit and make it into a soda.

Basically, would I just boil water, sugar, and the fruit together, and mix that syrup with water and yeast? I;m really confused. If not, someone please lead me in the right direction. thanks.

Alright thanks guys. Lets just say I wanted to take fruit and make it into a soda.

Basically, would I just boil water, sugar, and the fruit together, and mix that syrup with water and yeast? I;m really confused. If not, someone please lead me in the right direction. thanks.
You usually don't want to boil fruits because it causes the pectin to set. I would just puree the fruit and water, strain it, then add more sugar to taste (it'll depend on how sweet the fruit is).

Back