New Stout Recipe....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewagentjay

Reaction score
Bravo Company Stout

2-Row Malt 9 lbs
Caramel 10 8 oz
Chocolate Malt 8 oz
Roasted Barley 8 oz
Flaked Barley 4 oz
Bravo 16.3% Pellets 1 oz @ 60 mins
Hallertau Mitt 3.8% Pellets 1 oz @ 15 mins
Hallertau Mitt 3.8% Pellets 1 oz @ 5 mins
Danstar Nottingham Ale Yeast

What you think?:rockin:

Depends on what you are going for. Personally I'd up the Flaked barley to a pound or two - maybe back off on the 2 row to balance that out. I would also up the RB but that is just me. I like my big stouts roasty and full mouth feel.

I plan to make a heavier stout this one is to replace a stout I have finished off. It was a stout a medium stout and I love it. I got it in a kit from Midwest. It was extract so I want to do one AG. Perhaps I'll make your tweaks on the Alpha Company Stout which I plan to make a lot heavier.....more an imperial stout. thanks for the suggestions.

I'd have to pull those out of the recipe calculator but I meat the higher side of the style on all.

My questions is more the hops since they are not the norm, but I have bulk of like 6 types of hops, I want to start using them and this will be my second attempt.

Going to get the supplies for this this week gonna brew on Monday at latest....All day.

Thinking I might get another reciepe together or re-do something like my 420 clone.

Still in primary.........so I'll let you know. I'm bottling my Scottish Ale hopefully Monday. I would do it today but I broke my bottle bucket cut off yesterday. I'll then be pushing my stout to the secondary.....She smells good I plan getting doing a hydro sample today so I'll let you know on taste.

Back