New Stout - doin' it right!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this is my last brew for about a month. I've been going crazy lately, brewing for our desert trip and whatnot. I'm going to rack my Oaktown Brown and drop this Imperial Oatmeal Stout on the yeast cake.

I've been making silly little mistakes lately when i brew with friends...usually because i drink a bit and get to talking, so I'm going back to my old ways. Instead of just printing the ingredients, i make myself a step-by-step sheet and notate on that.
Wouldn't want to forget to add the DME or anything :drunk:

Here's the recipe: Stout

i did it last week. didn't realize until i was cooling the wort...i just boiled it up and added it...caused a misreading on the OG, i think. I also want to get a nice list of all the equipment i use so when i go to friends houses to brew, i have everything I need. forgetting the sample taker also contributed to that problem.

Everything went well with this brew session. I think I got about 60% efficiency or so....gotta check that. I don't think it's going to be quite black...more of a really dark brown. OG was right about where I wanted it at 1.080 for 5.5 Gallons.

She's bubbling away! A little warmer than I'd like...about 78, i turned the cooler on this morning to about 60...that should bring the wort down to 65 or so. (should've done that last night...only mistake this session :()

Anyway...I think that's it for this month. Just need to tend to all these other beers until I return from my desert trip in early november!

:mug:

Back