New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest (and probably best) witbier. 6% ABV
Going to brew again in a couple of months to try to lock in my consistency.
1634064326654.png

My Latest Blonde Ale. 4.8% ABV, 20 IBU

Mostly 2-Row, a bit of Carapils and C10. Cascade hops. American Ale Yeast. Super clean and refreshing, grain/bread/cracker, light citrus, and a little bit of esters from the yeast.

Great beer, one of my favorites to brew. Easy and cheap to make. Delicious, and definitely a crowd pleaser. Scored a 39 and a 44 in 2 separate comps. Took one 2nd place medal. Super happy with this one.

70 - BlondeAle.jpg

I did 30psi for 24 hours at 38 degrees, then just bumped down to 12psi at 38 degrees and have held it there for about 2 months now. In typical fashion, it’s getting really good right as the keg is ending. I also have a cream ale on tap. I’m using a two-way distributor so it’s possible the 12psi my regulator is reading is maybe not what’s applied to both of the kegs? I’m not quite sure how that works. I like the level of carbonation it’s giving me for the Scottish ale though.

Very clean, I've not detected any off flavors. Sadly, I was derelict in my notes. I believe it was fermented in the 70-s to low 80's. Second time with this recipe. The only difference being that I used liquid yeast the first time and dry Lutra on the latest. I didn't notice any difference between the dry and liquid.

Not a pint yet, but it's currently chilling and carbonating in the keg. IRA, this one made with Lutra. This is the clarity of the beer straight from the fermenter, BEFORE finings, after just 2 weeks after pitching. This one's going to a competition on the 4th:

SWTYQwcl.jpg

All Together NEIPA that I brewed with a friend of mine via Zoom a couple states over. Super giddy about this one, which I think is making it taste better than it actually is. It is definitely at the level of "If I'm at a brewery and ordered a taster of this, I'd probably order a pint."

IMG_6075.jpeg

It's a Beck's beer glass. I used to live close to thee brewery were I acquired those glasses.

do you know the style name, having a hard time googling/ebay searching.....but it's the perfect wide hips....so and so, with a handle! :mug: i saw one on ebay with the becks logo, but it was $40+$15 for shipping....

First pint of my 12% Strong Belgian Ale (using homebrewer assoc's Ale of Asgard recipe).

This turned out GREAT! One of my favorite beers I've brewed. Tastes way smoother than 12% (I would have guessed 8%). Just a bit tart, estery, and then smooth hint of alcohol at the end. I will definitely brew this again.

974807E7-39D6-4F5E-877F-2B80AF4ED66A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back