New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing special for most but to me this was my first home brew. Fresh squished IPA

Attachments

• D21E5DBD-04BE-47D8-9D65-849AA7A3AC3B.jpeg
    D21E5DBD-04BE-47D8-9D65-849AA7A3AC3B.jpeg
    994.2 KB · Views: 28
My pseudo pilsner, unfined. Made with extra pale malt, some melanoidin for colour (admittedly a bit too much) and some dextrin for head retention. SAB T90 hops at 60 minutes for 23 IBUs, and some Perle and Saaz at flameout. No-chill, poured into fermenter and fermented with S-04. This beer ended up being "forgotten" at 10°C after fermentation (life happened) and the outside of the fermenter grew mold like crazy. I had little hopes for it, but ended up kegging it after tasting a sample which actually tasted fine. It sat in the keg (unfined) for 2 months before producing this crystal clear beer that went down REALLY well.

IzoAQmQl.jpg

My pseudo pilsner, unfined. Made with extra pale malt, some melanoidin for colour (admittedly a bit too much) and some dextrin for head retention. SAB T90 hops at 60 minutes for 23 IBUs, and some Perle and Saaz at flameout. No-chill, poured into fermenter and fermented with S-04. This beer ended up being "forgotten" at 10°C after fermentation (life happened) and the outside of the fermenter grew mold like crazy. I had little hopes for it, but ended up kegging it after tasting a sample which actually tasted fine. It sat in the keg (unfined) for 2 months before producing this crystal clear beer that went down REALLY well.

IzoAQmQl.jpg

Man. That beer is a survivor. What was your no-chill method?

Man. That beer is a survivor. What was your no-chill method?
After the boil I tapped directly into the fermenter, and put the fermenter under airlock with pure ethanol (hand sanitizer). The air being sucked in then is at least passed through the alcohol, IMO.

I pitched yeast the next morning, and the fermentation went perfectly. I'm pretty glad the beer survived, it was a good drinker!

I'm posting it again, cause it's really popping today.

Berry kettle sour

PXL_20210920_214316963.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Edited to add... The colors were working this evening Soo... Fall lineup!

IPA, berry sour, dark Doppelbock

PXL_20210920_224550549.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210920_225035094.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210920_225035094.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hb’d Wild Ale using the blended cultures of two spontaneously fermented beers from two local breweries 1) Indian Ladder Farm’s (Altamont, NY) - Koelship which is coolshiped downwind from their orchards 2) Plan Bee Brewery (Poughkeepsie, NY) - Farm Beer which utilizes the cultures from their bee hives. It was then aged on Sour Dark Cherries from Fix Brother’s Farm (Hudson, NY)

Named after our Wild cat Binx
C8D5601E-0BB4-4894-967F-47FEB4C0778B.jpeg

Hb’d White Sangria inspired farmhouse ale - ABV 6.2%.

Fermented with a mix of saison yeast, Blend of brett strains, and lactobacillus. Aged on carbonic macerated white grapes, peach purée, passionfruit purée, mango purée, Orange zest, French oak spirals, and dryhopped with Nelson hops (annoyed that I forgot some details on the label, good thing I only labeled 4 of the bottles so far)
70537A03-479D-4589-9510-A8FD0CEA1136.jpeg

This is my Screaming Eagle Belgian Pale Ale. It's one of the better beers I've brewed, and it's by far the clearest! The picture actually doesn't do it justice, because of the condensation on the glass.

I held it up between myself and my 8-year-old:

Me: "Look at how beautiful that beer is! Do you know why it's so beautiful?"

8-year-old: "No, why?"

Me: "Because you can see me through it!"

8-year-old: :rolleyes:

PXL_20211012_022234292.jpg

Back