New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I am a Thelonious Monk fan. Now he is helping me with my Double Chocolate Stout.
20210120_192446.jpg

Wheatwine that I like to call "Taste of my scythe" (RIP Alexei Laiho). Brewed after I acquired a bunch of wheat malt from my brew club. Aged it for 6+ months before tapping. Just shy of 12%, but you'd never know.
View attachment 713756
Awesome. And yes, RIP Alexi Laiho. A legend is gone... I went through and listened to all of the Children of Bodom albums. There were a few I hadn't heard, mainly any of the last 10 years or so as I think back then it wasn't what I was after. But I loved "Hatecrew..." and "Follow the Reaper" way back in 2003. "Halo of Blood" is super good! Became one of my favorites actually.

Awesome. And yes, RIP Alexi Laiho. A legend is gone... I went through and listened to all of the Children of Bodom albums. There were a few I hadn't heard, mainly any of the last 10 years or so as I think back then it wasn't what I was after. But I loved "Hatecrew..." and "Follow the Reaper" way back in 2003. "Halo of Blood" is super good! Became one of my favorites actually.
I must admit to only owning the first 3 albums plus an EP, but they were in heavy rotation in my college years. I didn't like the later stuff as much, but his talent can't be denied. \m/

I must admit to only owning the first 3 albums plus an EP, but they were in heavy rotation in my college years. I didn't like the later stuff as much, but his talent can't be denied. \m/
I think you should check out "Halo of Blood". It really is one of the better albums. But those first 4 albums were so good, the peak being "Hatecrew Deathroll".

IMG_20210122_212956.jpg

A rather classic saison with a small but noticeable dose of Nelson Sauvin.

It was great fresh, with bright juicy aromas, but is getting even better with age, as the fruitiness subsides a bit and lets that beautiful merge of phenols with that Nelson dankness become apparent.

Found this old DFH glass lurking in the back of the beer glass cabinet, decided to take it out for a spin - after a cleaning.
It's the thinnest glass in my collection - it's twin died a sudden tragic death simply ticked off the sink rim - which made me reticent to use it much.
Filled with my latest wcipa...

wcipa_02feb2021.jpg

Cheers!

Meh. I'd consider that "neat". You can't even see from one side to the other of our 2-bay garage - there's a canoe suspended down the middle just above a train of yard equipment :)

But...color me intrigued....what is that car in the background with the apparently majorly ventilated hood?

Cheers!

Meh. I'd consider that "neat". You can't even see from one side to the other of our 2-bay garage - there's a canoe suspended down the middle just above a train of yard equipment :)

But...color me intrigued....what is that car in the background with the apparently majorly ventilated hood?

Cheers!
I'm going to guess approximately an ‘84 IROC Z

I'm going to guess approximately an ‘84 IROC Z
Majorly cosmetically ventilated :rolleyes: 😂. Yup it's a'89 IROC Z.

It's been in "preservation exile" for so long I don't think the style had been denoted when the glass was made :D
Don't remind me that I'm older than a beer style the kids like.:rolleyes:

Back