New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting - for stir plates, or just e-hobby stuff in general?
Honestly, I just stumbled into a pair of these at my local e-hobby store years ago and grabbed them for my two builds.
It's fairly huge compared to what most folks use, but I wanted a big base for my five liter flasks...

Cheers!
e-hobby

How do you achieve that mousse like head? I've seen it in some of your beers and it looks really tasty! hahaha

I believe it is a combination of a few things. I use grains with elevated protein levels. Then I make sure that I get a good hot and cold break and leave all trub/break material in the kettle, only transferring clean wort to the fermenter. After fermentation and dryhoping I will cold crash and transfer as clean of beer as possible to the keg or for this beer specifically, the bottles. And I will calculate a slightly higher co2 level than typical for the style, usually 2.6 or better (this was a farmhouse so i targeted 3.0) And then I’ve been trying to prefect the “slow pour” technique. Patience for a Pint: The Art and Science of the Slow Pour

GPA 2.0. Was supposed to be a blonde ale. Think I did something weird when adjusting water parameters. The hop presence makes me think of a pale ale.

gpa2.0.jpg

And hard on the heels of Julius comes Juicy Bits!
I kegged this cold-crashed brew around 10am, put it on 12 psi, started the "rock 'n' roll/shake 'n' bake" carbonation regimen, and after maybe a total of 20 minutes over four sessions, just poured this at 9pm...
juicy_bits_18nov2020.jpg

All six taps on my "K3" keezer are now occupied, and there's another 10 gallons (a Galaxy-featured neipa) in the pipeline that I just pitched last night.
Should be in solid shape for awhile...

Cheers!

recipe please. I am fan of reds
For 19L (5G) 75% efficiency:
OG 1.057 FG 1.011 IBU 60 SRM 15
4500g Red-X
240g CaraRed
48g CaraAroma
Mash @52C for 30min, @65C for 30min, @72C for 30 min
60 minute boil
12g Warrior @60 min
15g Amarillo, 15g Cascade, 15g Mosaic @10 min
15g Amarillo, 15g Cascade, 15g Mosaic whirlpool @75C for 15 min
30g Amarillo, 30g Cascade, 30g Mosaic dry hop for 5 days
Ferment with US-05 @18C
Water profile 110 Ca, 50 Cl, 225 SO4

Apple Ale, aka Graff, aged 4 years, accidentally. Forgot that I had a case in the basement. The box got cover with other empty bottle cases. Nice find for the holidays! Super smooth with a nice malt base. Slight bitterness from Cascade. Full apple cider character.

20201126_120502.jpg

Back