New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zombie Dust clone.
20200808_124134.jpg

Gorgeous beer, would you mind sharing the recipe?

Sure thing. You can find it here. I actually used Mecca Grade Metolius (Munich) instead of the Briess quoted there.

First DH addition is with ~1P of gravity left to go. Second is after you crash back down to 55F or lower following the d-rest. And yes, it's a very small DH, but I think it's still noticeable! Dry hops stay in until kegging/bottling.

I got a lot of info from this article.

I’ve recently brewed a 9 gallon batch that was split 3 ways for different farmhouse/Saison batches. Overall I was extremely happy with each beer in the mix. Here are the pictures and descriptions and of each of them

The base beer is 9 gallons of
60% -Bohemian Floor malted Pilsner
25% - White wheat
15% -flaked wheat

FV1 - 3 gals
Cultures: Imperial Rustic yeast, Yeast Bay Almagation II (Brett blend), Ultra Flora (lacto pro biotic)
Current gravity 1.002
2.5 lbs of Red Raspberries
Zest and juice from 1 naval Orange
1 - Grade A Madagascar Vanilla Bean (puréed with the raspberries)
162D256B-2076-4F13-A622-EDAE5B02E146.jpeg

FV2 - 3 gallons
Cultures: Imperial Rustic yeast, Yeast Bay Brussels (Brett blend)
Current gravity 1.002
3lbs of White peaches
5 grams of lavender flowers
Dryhopped with Citra and mosaic
5182A74B-848F-4032-9675-FB829F789029.jpeg

FV3 - 3 gallons
Cultures: Yeast Bay Almagation II (Brett blend)
gravity 1.002
Dryhopped with Citra, mosaic, and cashmere
E4583FDD-C512-461F-83D0-C630A2682ED4.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently made two beers using the same malt and the head retention is rather poor on both. Does that match your experience?
I haven't poured enough to know yet. It's just carbed enough for me to sample and post a pic. I'm planning on lagering in the keg for another month. It's soooo difficult lol...

@day_trippr No, and I know what you're referencing. A bit of tartness, strong raspberry on the back end, subtle floral from the hibiscus. Very refreshing but still an IPA, with 71 ibu's (calculated).
@Dgallo I used some different hops: Ella, Idaho Gem, Strata. But I'm very familiar with the Mosaic/Citra combo and it would be great with this, too!

548E6118-148C-4E36-82EE-8DD6F261A217.jpeg

ESB. It's tasty but not the recipe I am looking for. Too much roast not enough caramel, will try a different recipe next time. For now will enjoy this beer that's half way between an esb and a porter.

Back