New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home brew IPA my brother designed (he does not homebrew) and it turned out fantastic. And in the background is newly finished hop trellis that I built today. Cheers!

Attachments

• 1586640623147424277180682471762.jpg
    1586640623147424277180682471762.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Home brew IPA my brother designed (he does not homebrew) and it turned out fantastic. And in the background is newly finished hop trellis that I built today. Cheers!

Would you mind sharing some details on your grist for that IPA? It looks amazing!

Would you mind sharing some details on your grist for that IPA? It looks amazing!

Sure! We decided to brew on a whim and did a 30 min mash/boil. With a little direction on malts/hops he came up with this-

-11# 2 Row
-0.5# carapils
-0.25# Crystal 20L
-0.50# Sugar
-WLP029 Kolsch

-0.75oz CTZ (30 min)
-1.5oz Centennial (10min)
-1 oz Citra (10min)
-1oz CTZ (Whirlpool)
-0.5oz Centennial (Whirlpool)
-0.5oz Citra (Whirlpool)
-0.5oz CTZ (Dry hop)
-0.5oz Centennial (Dry hop)

I keep telling him he needs to start brewing!

My first brew of a Belgian Dark Ale, we got the recipe from Schoolhouse Brewing in the Atlanta area. They put it together while we enjoy this beer and a few others like it. A great place to sample a lot of beers and they will gladly share the recipe with anyone and put it together for you if they are not super busy.

ByUS5hs.jpg

haha! I can't even have my kids or grandkids come over (effin' tragic), so I won't be flying in beer buddies anytime soon :D
Cheers though! :mug:
I am guaranteed more reliable
haha! I can't even have my kids or grandkids come over (effin' tragic), so I won't be flying in beer buddies anytime soon :D
Cheers though! :mug:
I can send you my grandkids.:D
They make great beer popsicles.
20190707_123943.jpg

My raspberry hibiscus wheat has brightened considerably without losing character.

View attachment 675859

Really enjoying it - and it's so pretty :)
Will probably keep it on tap through the spring and summer - and hope I can share it with someone aside from The Spousal Unit...

Cheers!

I have wanted to brew something with Hibiscus and the raspberries sound good. Care to share the recipe?

Last edited:
I have wanted to brew something with Hibiscus and the raspberries sound good. Care to share the recipe?

Soitenly :D
Check my post out here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...-what-to-make-next.676786/page-2#post-8824894

I noted the grist a few posts above that one but it was 12 pounds of Weyermann pilsner and 10 pounds of white wheat malt (and a pound of hydrated rice hulls!) Mash profile and hop schedule are included in the linked post, but there's nothing rigid about either. Everything else I think I covered.

Bottom line is brew the lightest color version of your favorite wheat recipe, then go to town with the rest :)

Cheers!

Lucky you to have at the source. We had a layover in Heathrow a few year ago. I was all hyped for some great British ales. Unfortunately, was only able to find mass produced beer.
I made sure every meal (always a pub) I had something I never had before. Got to try a lot of different cask ales. Went to Scotland and Northern England a few years later and did the same thing. Now I have a 4 year old so crossing fingers on the next trip

I made sure every meal (always a pub) I had something I never had before. Got to try a lot of different cask ales. Went to Scotland and Northern England a few years later and did the same thing. Now I have a 4 year old so crossing fingers on the next trip

Lucky dog :)

When we visited Italy, of course we search for real pubs. We didn't know the pubs put out free food! In Florence, Italy we're drinking away at BrewDog. We order food. We finish eating and as we're having more beer the waitress puts out free food for everybody and only then tell us "Oh, yea, you should have waited for the food." D'oh!

Cool thing is my brother isn’t much of a beer guy but I would talk him into a pint so I’d get half of most of his

Decided to be more active on here! Here are a few of my recents...

NEIPA with El Dorado and Simcoe, ~7% ABV. Still a little undercarbed here, not sure why I took a full pour....
NEIPA6.JPG

Our Peat Smoked Scottish...~11% ABV. We brew this once a year, this was 2019s batch. Loved the color.
Siosalach2019.JPG

A Belgian Saison With Rye and Honey...6% ABV or so. This one was ok, not the greatest, but it was pretty!
Saison3.JPG

A Fruited Kettle Sour with Sweet Cherries and Pineapple. Like 3% ABV. It was ok, still working on this style
FruitedSour.JPG

Back