New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was a single hop Vic? That hop is either hit or miss for me
It was really good. Tropical fruit for days. I would almost lean too fruity although I really like it. I do these single hop recipes to learn about a hop but if I was going to try to perfect this recipe I'd probably cut it with something more citrusy next time. I did 50/50 2 row,vienna and I can't tell if the subtle vienna maltiness is enhancing the fruity flavor at all. I'm doing another single hop beer tomorrow with pearl/wheat and at some point I'm going to try your recipe you posted w biscuit.

Just tapped, HB New Zealand style Pilsner featuring Nelson and Riwaka Hops - IBU: 41 ABV: 5.6%
251334EB-861B-4A04-A9AD-0C3367771A9B.jpeg

Covid-19 social distancing killed my St. Patrick's day party. I still had 5lb of pork butt so I slow cooked it and made some tacos. Oh yeah, and my Irish Red in the background :)

The beer is delicious. I just wish I could share it with friends. Lots of caramel and toffee with a little bit of fruit to round it out.

7q1Fmkt.jpg

What's your room temp (and fridge temp)??
I think the fridge is at 34 degrees, and the room is generally around 69. I've been pouring the 34 degree beer in a glass pulled from the freezer, then allowing it sit for several minutes (enhanced patience building technique). Once the frost has mostly vanished from the glass, the flavors seem to be more prevalent and smooth. It's still quite good consumed immediately, but that much better if I wait. I imagine it's similar to letting a bottle of wine breathe before serving. But I'm much more open to technical reasons. ;)

Back