New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.5 year old Belgian Quad. For some reason I used the yellow balanced water profile and beer is quite dry at 10%.

IMG_7561.JPG

Scottish Export

scotish.jpg

Made with 3% molasses that contributed quite a bit to the color, smell and taste.

Care to share the recipe?

For 23L of wort and 75% efficiency:

71% Pale Ale Malt (8 EBC)
12% Aroma Malt (100 EBC) Mash 60 min

20g (0.7oz) Columbus (First Wort Hop)

2.4% Molasses
14.6% Tablet Sugar (mixed and pour in start of boil of 40 min)

US-05 (80% AA)

OG=1.046, FG=1.007, 5% ABV, 29 IBU, 10.7 SRM

Hop is not for style, but I love it and have it in stock. Molasses is concentrate like this.

My over carbed RIS. I think I will stick to bottling my small batches from here on out. These cheap mini kegs are not good for force carbing.

IMG_4198.jpg

So....still in my second year of brewing and in the experimental phase. This as a blueberry IPA...not usually a fan of fruit in beer but my mango IPA was so good I thought I'd branch out.
This beer is still beer, right? The color is amazing, the nose is all blueberry, the blueberry taste is there but muted. It's not all on fruit juice, which I worried about. Added 6 lbs of pureed blueberries with a cup of blueberry vodka into the middle of the fermentation and finished at 1.008. It's delicious..

Attachments

• IMG_3008.jpg
    IMG_3008.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 140

Latest posts

Back