New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive posted this before on another forum but here’s a NE IPA I made sometime in November
807166DE-0186-4E3D-B4BA-3E2DDB88E2F8.jpeg

Attachments

• 289F1D3C-A1FC-4D06-9D53-DC020B514CDA.jpeg
    289F1D3C-A1FC-4D06-9D53-DC020B514CDA.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 68
Not much sun light available here at this time of year so I put the lamp to the background to show that it is red, but a bit too roasted & deep color for the best possible outlook. I like the traditional dry & roasted finish, though.

Last edited:
Not much sun light available here at this time of year so I put the lamp to the background to show that it is red, but a bit too roasted & deep color for the best possible outlook. I like the traditional dry & roasted finish, though.

Nice!

I also prefer my IRA with a bit more roast thus without light usually has a darker hue.

Amazing what a lamp can do for an Irish red.
Here's a with and without light shot of mine that I just kegged a few days ago.

1217182031.jpg
1217182031a.jpg

My saison in sunlight. For some reason this particular bottle out of this batch is a lot clearer than the bottle from yesterday. More lightly carbonated it doesn't retain the head as much as the other bottle. But still very drinkable. I think this was a good style to start with, simple and straightward and nicely crisp for the summer.

IMG_0647.jpg

Last edited:
Weird glass but looks like it benefits head retention
Yeah, somewhat. It claims to basically reform the head at each level, and to be for malty beers. Only used a couple times, but it's nice. The glass co has an associated brewery too.

HYTeFGZ.jpg

My green tea saison. 5:1 pilsner to red wheat, with Blaugies yeast and pekko and opal hops. Dry hopped for a week with green tea I bought in Da Lat, Vietnam. It's crazy good, maybe the best beer I've brewed. Big, pillowy head, golden haze. Fruity and slightly sweet, with a luscious mouthfeel, but ends in a mildly tannic, dry finish.

aviary-image-1528759747193.jpeg
My house beer.
Kinda between West and East Coast DIPA with a bit of a NEIPA thing going on. I call it XMIPA due to an epiphany that I had upon realizing we have things that are xtra small, and xtra large, but no xtra medium. Thus...this... I'm sure the name was alcohol induced, perhaps.

13 lbs 2 row
1 lb wheat
1 lb Oats
12 oz. Carapils
8 oz. 40L Crystal
1/2 gallon rice hulls-unpacked

cascade leaf-mash
Magnum-bitter
Simcoe-flavor
Columbus-aroma
Simcoe, Centennial-KO
Centennial, Simcoe, Columbus-DH

Yeast 001 West Coast
Or Barbarian
Or Vermont
Or Kviek
Etc......

Heee is a shot of my Victory Hop Devil clone. Not sure how close it is since it is not distributed where I live and I haven’t been to Philly in ages.

Attachments

• F500AA2F-F4B9-46D5-A08B-099605AE7B08.jpeg
    F500AA2F-F4B9-46D5-A08B-099605AE7B08.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
Finally kicked my keg of Holiday brew. My first AG brew session and my first 10 gallon batch. Sad to see it go. Time to make more. Cheers [emoji481]
IMG_20190114_205122.jpeg

Back