New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lunch today.
German Helles and Altbier

VictorHelles2014.jpg

Altbier2014.jpg

Hefeweizen, that this was a lil hazy yesterday but sure clear up overnight ( no comments on the glass please:D)

a hefeweizen is supposed to be hazy, the name means yeast beer. you want that suspended yeast taste, otherwise its just a wheat ale

Here's my IPL. I call it "The Singularity" because all of the leftover bits of grains and hops I had went into it (plus an extra bit of 2-row and some Falconer's Flight to round things out). Fermented with W34/70, turned out not great but actually better than I expected, and with a nice color.

10375743_1479203982315067_93053935_n.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401510290.608954.jpg kicked back with my American wheat (and yes a slice of lemon ) enjoying the evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Now that's a beauty!
Here's my IPL. I call it "The Singularity" because all of the leftover bits of grains and hops I had went into it (plus an extra bit of 2-row and some Falconer's Flight to round things out). Fermented with W34/70, turned out not great but actually better than I expected, and with a nice color.

View attachment 202601

Now that's a beauty!
Thanks! Unfortunately I'll never be able to recreate it or improve upon it as I didn't keep good notes on what was in it. I was saving up the grains for months, just the spare few ounces I had from different batches since, until recently, my LHBS required that you buy at least a pound of everything.

From what I recall, there were varying amounts of pilsner (both domestic and continental), 2-row, 6-row, rye, wheat, carapils, caramunich, some other (light) caramels, flaked corn.

For hops I had a few grams each of Amarillo, Bramling Cross, Cascade, Centennial, Cluster, EKG, Fuggle, Nugget, Saaz, Target, and Willamette, plus a few ounces of falconer's flight that I bought, and just tossed them all together.

It's amazing it was even drinkable.

My maris otter/ warrior-nelson sauvin SMADH IPA. Turning out pretty incredibly if I may say so myself

1401741325903.jpg

My suped-up black butte clone 8.2ABV and a shot of Jim B. WLP99 residual atop the English dry really left a nice fruity nose that just begs for bourbon!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401808317.153535.jpg
Enjoyed at my backyard picnic table with my best friend :)

View attachment 202601

Shoulda called it the dregs! Gimme that glassware. :)

Double IPA by way of my Brewery Vivant glass. So pretty!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403301650.508055.jpg

Father, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Michigan Alumnus, Home Brewer

Latest posts

Back