New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simcoe, Amarillo & Mosaic IPA.
6.5% ABV. 1.059 to 1.009 so it's dry and crisp.
32 IBU's so not bitter at all.

Wyeast 1318, London Ale III. Really juicy hop flavor.

After 2 months in the keg it still has a nice haze to it
nrhpv.jpg

White Walker White IPA! Been rewatching Game of Thrones . . .

Wheat malt and Galaxy SMaSH, Belle Saison yeast, really juicy and dry. I will be brewing this again and won't change a thing.

whiteipa.png

Do you mind sharing the hopped up red recipe? Looks great!

Sure thing it's from HBT user timbrewz. Here's the original post

Recipes

TimBrewz's Gallery
Liked 52 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default All-Grain - India Red Ale
Recipe Type: All Grain
Yeast: American Ale
Yeast Starter: Yes-2 quart
Batch Size (Gallons): 5.25
Original Gravity: 1.065
Final Gravity: 1.014
IBU: 70-75
Boiling Time (Minutes): 90
Color: 17 srm
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 10 @ 66f
Additional Fermentation: Dry hops in keg for 1 week at room temp.
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 7 @ 66f
Tasting Notes: The carmel, pale and roast malts and delicious hops mingle in the best way. Smooth.

The base of this from Radical Brewing by Mosher. I used just 1 oz black instead of 2, and I changed the hops to suit my tastes. This beer won a Gold at Slurp and Burp last year in the "Northwest Style Ale" special category (39 points).

Pale Ale Malt 6.5 lbs
Munich type 1 (10L) 5 lbs.
Crystal 40L .75 lbs
Crystal 90L .5 lbs
Black malt 1 oz

All whole hops
Simcoe(13% aa) 1 oz 60 min
Amarillo(9.3% aa)1 oz 30 min
Cascade (7% aa)1 oz 5 min

Simcoe .5 oz dry hops
Amarillo 1 oz dry hops
Cascade .5 oz dry hops

Mash 153 for 60 min
Collect 7 gallons
to yield 5.5 gal.

American Ale yeast.

Ferment 10 days primary, 7 days secondary with dry hops. Enjoy.
Boil 90 min.

Do you mind sharing the hopped up red recipe? Looks great!

I've played with the mash temp and hop schedule several times and it always turns out awesome. Really can't go wrong with this one. With the original hop schedule mashed at 149 to dry it out it scored a 43 in the one and only competition I've entered.

Blonde Ale with Nottingham yeast at the low side temp for fermentation. For my sisters wedding. brought 10 gallons and was gone within a few hours. I was going to make a strawberry blonde but decided against as I had no experience and the sis was already advertising, what I did do was took a bunch of frozen strawberries and simmered them in enough water to cover them and strained and then reduced. Anyone who wanted a strawberry blonde added it to there cup before filling with beer, must have also tasted great as the syrup was also all gone.
Sorry no pic of the syrup added. Oh yeah someone asked me what was the alcohol content and i said about 4.5 to 4.8 as it turns out after re-reading my notes it was closer to 5.8 to 6.0, but man was it a crisp smooth beer.

BlndAleWednBeer.jpg

Found a couple shots on my cell phone I forgot about...
Cooper's English bitter as ESB with plain light DME;

Same ESB, but with extra light DME. Bittering hops taste better in this version...

I know I posted the order backwards, but this is the first brew of my American Wheat all grain BIAB after two months in the bottle... It's amazing how much clearer it is with the extra settling time...

IMG_2729.jpg

OK, we have had stouts for a while, Left Hand put out a regular ale, Guiness put an "IPA" on nitro... when will someone make an Irish Red on nitro that I can try???

That does look absolutely delicious, kal!!!

*thumbs up*

OK, we have had stouts for a while, Left Hand put out a regular ale, Guiness put an "IPA" on nitro... when will someone make an Irish Red on nitro that I can try???

That does look absolutely delicious, kal!!!

*thumbs up*

Sounds like the perfect excuse to get a kegging setup with a stout faucet on nitro. :ban:

Back