new label idea!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky_Chicken

Reaction score
Ok so it might not be new... but I hadnt seen it before my wife sugested it (yes I did not come up with it... not that creative).

Making beer lables out of address labels! Has anyone else tried this before? They seem to come off nicely when it the beer is gone and there are lots of templates to print onto them! My first attempt at using them is my holliday brew "Winter Roost"... check it out.

DSCF3202.jpg

DSCF3203.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I've done it before (rotated 90* compared to how you did yours). Worked well for me, but I made the mistake of using my ink jet printer to do it, so the ink smudged and ran when the bottles started to collect condensation.

I printed a second batch of them with the laser printer at work and those were much better.

They will fall off if the bottles are in a cooler of ice water, but work just dandy in the fridge where they stay dry.

I tried that for my first batch in 2005, gave some to my friend, and to this day they remain on the bottles after 6 years of brewing with them. It's fun to see the old label again, but damn the ones I used are stuck on there. Sounds like the ones you used are easier to take off. Sure makes labeling easy that way!

I jsut write the initials of the beer on the cap. Makes cleanup much easier but I am lazy and rarely bottle anymore.

I jsut write the initials of the beer on the cap. Makes cleanup much easier but I am lazy and rarely bottle anymore.

i hear that! that is what i usually do when i bottle which is about 2 times a year, but this was for gifting so i figured i could make it look a little better.

I've done it before (rotated 90* compared to how you did yours). Worked well for me, but I made the mistake of using my ink jet printer to do it, so the ink smudged and ran when the bottles started to collect condensation.

I printed a second batch of them with the laser printer at work and those were much better.

They will fall off if the bottles are in a cooler of ice water, but work just dandy in the fridge where they stay dry.

humm.... so i might turn my friends hands colors with these... oops :drunk:

Back