New From Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diller

Reaction score
Hey veteran brewers.

I have just taken the big crack pipe hit that is home brewing. My brother and several friends have been home brewing for years so I decided to take a crack at it. Currently I have a basic Amber Ale fermenting, taking my brewing virginity. I have run across several threads on this board that have helped point me in the right direction so I just wanted to join to help further my knowledge. Glad to see there is a thriving community for the real beer geeks:mug:

Welcome!!
I'm in Goodlettsville, my oldest daughter goes to school in Cookville (don't even think about it)
Tennesee brewers ROCK!!
(So does wildwest's avatar....are those girls in Sparta and are they looking for work??)

Hey Rebel Brewer, I've been to your shop before!! How are things going...

Also, welcome Diller!!

I should be there and judging: was an absolute blast last year even though Jamil pussed out ;)

Hey Tom! Glad to see you over here! (This is Kyle, by the way)

Hey Kyle, wow...there's alot of love in the room.
Yes, Jamil had a rough time (blame the bunker)
Yes, I will be at the Brew-Off (I'm Judge coordinator)

I figured it was time I showed my face around Homebrew Talk,
I've been lurking in the shadows for a long time.

Nice to see all you guys going... I'll be stewarding up there. My sister lives up there and I am trying to get some of my homebrew club to show up for the Club Crawl thing... It's looking good!

Thank you very much.

Welcome, i'm close by in Sparta.

Good to see there are some brewers around my area. So far I have only been able to find brew supplies at one place in Cookeville and one in Nashville so if you know of any other suppliers I would be appreciative.

Welcome!!
I'm in Goodlettsville, my oldest daughter goes to school in Cookville (don't even think about it)
Tennesee brewers ROCK!!

Seems to be quite the community here in TN and that is always a plus. Don't worry about the daughter, I'm already taken...but I can't promise I won't look;):D

Any of you guys going to this?...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/nashville-tn-october-9th-10th-music-city-brewoff-131915/

Diller, if you are interested, it would probably be a sweet place to meet some locals that share a brewing interest. There is a "Brew-N-Greet" at 1pm on the 9th an the Holiday Inn Select.

Sounds like a great time. I will have to come for sure and bring a few of my friends that can appreciate good beer or brew themselves. Thanks for the heads up for sure.

I will say that this new hobby takes a lot of something I don't usually have...patience haha. I can hear by primary fermenting vessel "burping" as I type this and after having a few of a fellow home brewer's creations this evening, I am more anxious than ever.

Good to see there are some brewers around my area. So far I have only been able to find brew supplies at one place in Cookeville and one in Nashville so if you know of any other suppliers I would be appreciative.

The only place in Cookeville that I know of, is the Good Shepard health food store. They have a very limited supply. Someday I hope to get in on a bulk grain buy (hint, hint Nashville brewers). Until then, I buy all my supplies online.:(

The only place in Cookeville that I know of, is the Good Shepard health food store. They have a very limited supply. Someday I hope to get in on a bulk grain buy (hint, hint Nashville brewers). Until then, I buy all my supplies online.:(

I gotcha. That is where I get the small, last minute things I need but I really liked "All Seasons" in Nashville on 8th street. They seemed to have everything I needed for my first brew but it is kind of out of the way for me. I guess I'll just have to hit it up on my trips to and from Memphis. BTW the brew stores I have been to in Memphis are terrible so I guess I'm lucky that Nashville has what it has.

Not to be a complete RB whore, but mail-ordering stuff from Tom at Rebel Brewer is still cheaper than AS for me.

wildwest - I'll let you know the next time our club does a bulk order - I'm an apt. dweller, so I only buy by the batch, but I'll let the guys know. You may also want to check out some of the guys in Music City Brewers - they do bulk buys a couple times a year if I'm not mistaken.

Back